Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card renewal question

Options
  • 20-01-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I got a new credit card from BOI but what I want to know is the PIN the same as the last one I had ?

Ive tried it but it hasnt worked and now Im doubting myself as to whether Ive remembered it correctly as I rarely use the PIN but am now stuck for cash....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

New card is usually new pin although same account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The PIN is the same, my credit card expires at the end of January and I got a new one in the post a few days ago. There was no mention of the PIN changing in the covering letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

coylemj wrote: »
    The PIN is the same, my credit card expires at the end of January and I got a new one in the post a few days ago. There was no mention of the PIN changing in the covering letter.

What is the start date on the card?
    Did you ring them to register/activate the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Put it into atm and check the balance. If it doesn't work you are using the wrong pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dobsdave wrote: »
    What is the start date on the card?
    Did you ring them to register/activate the card?

The new card started this month so there is a one monthy overlap between the old card and the new card.

I don't have to register the new card, I just use it whenever I like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement