Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media player not recognising NTFS (will FAT32):

Options
  • 20-01-2012 5:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I posted this issue over in the HE forum but after posting I've realised it's probably better suited here (I hope it's ok mods!)

Today I got a Cyclone Micro 2+ media player from ebay, and when I went to play my videos from my 2.5" 1tb HDD they were grand (although the sound was a bit iffy). Grand all sorted. I converted (not formatted) it to NTFS and extended the partition to move some 1080p rips to the partition and the media player won't recognise it, or it freezes loading the first level video directory if it does recognise it.

When I wiped it completely, and formatted it to FAT32 it worked grand again.

Is there something I'm missing here? Why will it play perfect as FAT32 and crash when I run it with a NTFS HDD, when it states specifically that the media player is capable of running from both?

Advertisement