Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 Audi A4 S-line - Telephone not installed

Options
  • 19-01-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    I just bought an A4 and when I try to pair my phone, it says on the display the my "telephone is not installed".
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sally Floyd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hi,
    I just bought an A4 and the when I try to pair my phone, it says on the display the my "telephone is not installed".
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sally Floyd

Perhaps a silly question, but does it come with that option? VW's/Audi's are notorious for their lists of extras and varying specs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Try uninstalling the last phone first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Go back in time and specify the (expensive at the time) bluetooth telephone integration.

Should work then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Sounds like your car doesn't have Bluetooth,mine doesn't and that's exactly what it says on my screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sally Floyd

I assume it does. It's a high spec and other A4 drivers that I know have the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I assume it does. It's a high spec and other A4 drivers that I know have the option.

Unfortunately not all A4's are created equal - even within the "high spec" bracket there can be massive differences. Sounds like yours doesn't have that option unfortunately..

If you are positive the car has it (and it was over €900, but I'm guessing it's an import as there wasn't an S-Line model in Ireland up to MY12), then you need to do the pairing within a couple of minutes of starting the engine.

Can't remember what error you get if its not within the time frame, but it might be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Irish 'high spec' or actual 'high spec! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think the key is in the word 'option'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

On my 08 A5, it was an option that I had to pick when buying the car. It was not standard at all.
    If you do a bluetooth search from your phone when in the car with the car just started, you should find an audi bluetooth device showing on your phone. If not (try a few times), you dont have the phone or its faulty.
    All is not lost though, there are options for retrofit of factory phone or similar, all of which show the phone on the dash etc.
    If you are unsure, an audi dealer should tell you if the car has the phone or not.

Fiscon system is 305 sterling fitted in uk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

R.O.R wrote: »
    If you are positive the car has it (and it was over €900, but I'm guessing it's an import as there wasn't an S-Line model in Ireland up to MY12), then you need to do the pairing within a couple of minutes of starting the engine.

Can't remember what error you get if its not within the time frame, but it might be that.

There wasn't an S-Line A4 when?

I investigated retro fitting factory blue tooth and found it worked out prohibitively expensive for what it was,admittedly this was on a B6.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

tossy wrote: »
    Irish 'high spec' or actual 'high spec! :D

ahh the good aul 'has every extra' because its got leather seats and a sunroof

whiterebel wrote: »
    R.O.R wrote: »

There wasn't an S-Line A4 when?

No S-Line model from launch of the B7 up until the new price lait was issued at the end of December for the PI model. There were options packs for the S-Line, but no actual model.

Advertisement