Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas heather problem

Options
  • 17-01-2012 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I had my van out at the beach the other day and fired up the heater for a while. It's gas fired and I think the panel has a brand name like ABG on it? Anyway, it lights ago after one or two flicks. The green light will stay on and the vents are pumping hot air in. Then, maybe after about 15 mins, the green light goes off. I assume this is because it's hot enough and will come on again when it needs to. However, when I look again a few mins later I notice that the light is red. Any idea what this could be? I reckon when the gas tries to light again it cannot and then goes red. When I try to fire it up again it takes 5-10 flicks of the switch but it usually goes green again eventually. But the problem comes back again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Schtart up a new thread chief and we'll have a go at it.... especially if you can take a few pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Schtart up a new thread chief and we'll have a go at it.... especially if you can take a few pics.

Ok, i'll get some pics at the weekend and lash up a new thread.

Propex , Truma , Carver and Webasto are the first ones that come to mind..

Propex , Truma , Carver and Webasto are the first ones that come to mind..

Ok, photo of heater control panel attached.

The red and green lights are above the gas flame symbols: red for the one with the cross through it and green for the other. There's a switch for the air. frost for hot air, sun for cool air. The switch for the hot water seems to work fine. My only problem is what I mentioned above: the green light comes on for around 10-15 mins and then goes off. Then, after a few mins the red light comes on. In all this time the air is always blowing but when the light goes red the air gets cold after a short while.

Any advice appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alexfernie

That's a confort 3 air/water heater made by Atwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

alexfernie wrote: »
    That's a confort 3 air/water heater made by Atwood.

YOU DONT SAY//////And how does that help with is problem,:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alexfernie

elaverty wrote: »
    YOU DONT SAY//////And how does that help with is problem,:mad:

OK it doesn't really help exactly but the OP did say:
    It's gas fired and I think the panel has a brand name like ABG on it?
    which leads me to think that the OP would like to know the make of his/her air/water heater - perhaps this was also why he/she posted a picture of said heater control panel.

Atwood have been out of business for about 10-12 years. Spares can be found at CAKtanks in the UK if that helps. Sounds like a dodgy burner module?

OK maybe it was an overly obvious thing to point out, but the OP did say "any advice appreciated"

Or maybe Elaverty would like to moderate what is and isn't helpful advice on this forum?

Jus' sayin'.

was it ever serviced?

was it ever serviced?

I'd say it hasn't been serviced in a long time. The previous owner barely knew how to use it so I doubt he had it serviced. To be honest, we only really use it to heat the water so hot air isn't really a deal breaker. On the other hand, it probably would be wise to get it serviced, am I right? From a safety point of view? How much would a service be?

Advertisement