Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB radio tuning problem

Options
  • 19-01-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Any advice on getting 5 Live and Talk Sport on my digital radio? I have wi-fi at home but it appears 5 Live soccer commentaries are geo-blocked to Britain. Can I pull in either station on a wavelength that can be tuned on the actual radio?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

UPC, Freeview, Freesat or Sky?

I can't see any R5 FM frequency on the list of BBC Radio transmitters in the UK, they seem to have moved completely from FM to DAB. Neither Divis near Belfast or Llanddona in Anglesea broadcast R5 on FM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/radio/

If the internet radio stream is geo-blocked for Ireland then the only way you'll be able to listen to it 'over the air' is on Medium Wave - 693 and 909 KHz.

Unless you're near the border you can't receive UK DAB here, I can pick up the NI stations on an autotune i.e. they're listed on my DAB radio but when I select one of them I get nothing, that's from Dublin southside at a good elevation.

Advertisement