Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance Due

Options
  • 19-01-2012 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

We are a family of four with two kids age 14 and 11 and currently on VHI One Plus plan. We took advantage of it last year when kids were free but it is due again in a few days time. I have been looking at different web sites and HIA site and trying to compare different policies. After 2 days at it, I am ready to throw in the towel and just go with VHI again. I am totally confuse between private and corporate plans, varying level of excesses between policies and companies. If anyone can help at all, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Sure just renew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

On the Pat Kenny radio program these brokers help you choose the right Health Insurance policy for you, for free, apparently.
    I haven't tried it myself.

http://www.lyonsfinancial.ie/Heatlh_Quote/Default.216.html
    telephone: 1890304304

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Rossmonkey

I have a policy called simply health excess with quinn, if you look up the hia.ie website click on I know the name of the plans I want to compare and put in the vhi policy you have then quinn simply health excess.
    This policy costs less than vhi and you can claim back money on gp vists ect with a €1 excess. It offers full cover for cover for certain orthopaedic and ophthalmic procedures subject to the excess of €50/€125 which means you will pay this much of the bill.

Vhi only cover 80% of these cost - ie an operation cost €10k they will only pay €8k so you will have to pay €2,000 along with any vhi excess.
    Hope this helps you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ms_Opinionated

The One + Plan is very cost effective!! And kids are half price with VHI on it at the moment! Depending where you are living, you could ask for Company Plan which is bit cheaper but no cover in Blackrock and Mater private. And you can leave kids on One + Plan (nothing cheaper anyway) and parents can go on different plan!!! Its a minefield! If ya want any advice, PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JCabot

VHI up another 9% I think its time to throw the towel in with all these health insurers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 notaplumber

Hi, was listening to the Sunday business show this morning on Today FM.

The presenter, Conall o' Morain, has a representative in from Cornmarket group financial services, http://www.healthinsurancesavings.ie/ named Dermot Goode.

In a very informative interview, he among other things stated that all the major health insurance companies will from this Wednesday Feb 15th be allowing children onto policies for free. (So don't jump at eg VHI's current advertisement stating children go half price but only until the 14th Feb). They fail to tell u that one day later the same children won't cost you a cent to add to your policy.

Anyhow, well worth listening to the podcast of that interview. It's on the Today FM website. Click on SHOWS.....WEEKEND SHOWS.... THE SUNDAY BUSINESS SHOW....SUNDAY BUSINESS SHOW BLOG.

Then under the show dated Feb 12th click on 'Listen back here'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Check out hia.ie and look at the corporate plans. We have Quinn company choice which has a 1e excess.

Advertisement