Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to airport

Options
  • 19-01-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Need to commute to the airport by car on Monday morning. Havent done it in years. Just wondering if anyone knows the drive time? Aim to arrive approx 0830. M9 to approaching Newlands should be fine, from there I am unsure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi There

I have unfortunately had to make a similar journey for the last 2 Monday mornings and leaving Balloon @ 7:10 I arrived in Blanchardstown for 8:30.

I reckon allow approx 60 minutes from Carlow to Newlands and about 30 minutes from there to the airport carpark.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi There

I have unfortunately had to make a similar journey for the last 2 Monday mornings and leaving Balloon @ 7:10 I arrived in Blanchardstown for 8:30.

I reckon allow approx 60 minutes from Carlow to Newlands and about 30 minutes from there to the airport carpark.

Hope that helps

Concur - and that would be obeying all the speed limits

jay gatsby wrote: »
    Concur - and that would be obeying all the speed limits

I doubt you would break too many speed limits once you hit the M7 anyways at that time of the morning, even if you were trying! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

tommycahir wrote: »
    I doubt you would break too many speed limits once you hit the M7 anyways at that time of the morning, even if you were trying! ;)

True but you see a lot of lads engaging warp speed on the M9 section

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks guys.

From what Im told the M50 northbound is fine in the morning(?). Newlands is the bottleneck im worried about.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.

From what Im told the M50 northbound is fine in the morning(?). Newlands is the bottleneck im worried about.

Yeah the M50 Northbound is pretty OK Northbound and you'll move along at about 50 MPH or so right up until the exit for the airport blue and green carparks (Ballymun)

if you give yourself about 60 minutes to reach and pass Newlands then you should be OK barring some form of accident on the road.

Cheers TC.

Case closed!

And sure enough, two accidents to contend with this morning! Nothing major, just very slow around Naas then fine afterwards.

Advertisement