Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag nights

Options
  • 19-01-2012 12:19pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭


    Anyone have any good stag stories, mates are currently planning mine. Have proposed a weekend away to Brighton,usual plans : Paintballing ,sh!t loads of Booze and some tittaaay bars . Worried that I am going to end up bollox naked and tied to a lamp post though cause some of the guys are nuts


Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up


    El Jefe wrote: »
    Anyone have any good stag stories, mates are currently planning mine. Have proposed a weekend away to Brighton,usual plans : Paintballing ,sh!t loads of Booze and some tittaaay bars . Worried that I am going to end up bollox naked and tied to a lamp post though cause some of the guys are nuts

    I've been on one in Liverpool. Brilliant craic! Dirt cheap over there, the birds love the Irish and there is a couple of decent titty bars! Cheap to get there too!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash


    What goes on tour, stays on tour!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS


    What happens on tour stays on tour. Edinburgh is good for a laugh.

    EDit: beaten to it by smash!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up


    What goes on tour, goes on Facebook!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk


    One of the best nights of my life was a stag party in Galway last year..

    Simply because there's an unspoken rule that guys acting the absolute bollocks seem to be given permission when on a stag.. Same with women and hen nights.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu


    I was on one in amsterdam... the less said about that weekend the better.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420


    smash wrote: »
    What goes on tour, stays on tour!

    Except for herpes, that **** will follow you*!!!







    *i don't have herpes


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh


    the last place you want to be bollock naked tied to a lamppost is brighton!


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee


    A few years ago i was parked up near a roundabout in my home town, a white transit came onto the roundabout and suddenly stopped. I couldnt see anything happen and it just sat there, a minute or so later it drove off and sitting in the middle of the roundabout was a bollock naked lad chained to a blacksmiths anvil. The van drove around and around the roundabout blowing the horn and i thought they'd stop and collect him again after a few laps but they suddenly drove off leaving him alone. He was there for nearly 10 minutes till the guards arrived in a paddy wagon and 3 guards bundled him into the back of it.

    Another time there was a lad, again bollock naked tied to a lamp post on the main street, he was tied with his back to the lampost with his hands behind him. he had an inflatable sheep tied around his waist covering his parts. He looked very distressed and upset.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895


    yupyup7up wrote: »
    What goes on tour, goes on Facebook!

    If that's true, you need new friends.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash


    the last place you want to be bollock naked tied to a lamppost is brighton!
    I'd rather Brighton than San Francisco...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭El Jefe


    the last place you want to be bollock naked tied to a lamppost is brighton!


    Explain

    What happens on tour stays on tour. Edinburgh is good for a laugh.

    EDit: beaten to it by smash!

    Live in Edinburgh , so thats out


  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing


    Went to Necastle for a stag 2 summers ago with about 20 of us going. Flew out Friday morning checked into a cheap central hotel and went on the tear. Great place, very good vibe around the place, we went to one strip bar and just got very drunk in other bars and clubs then for the rest of the night but there is a selection of titty bars around the place.

    We had paintball and a quad bike trip scheduled for the next day which seemed like a bad idea at 8AM after getting in it 4AM but it was a great laugh, only downside was the site was about 30 mins in a bus with a thumping hangover.

    Saturday was as good as Friday night and headed home sunday with many memories and stories that havent really gone outside the group.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth


    Went to Vegas for mine and spent/lost enough money to almost cover the wedding. If the wife ever found out the kind of money I pissed away I'd be killed. Some week though.

    More reasonably we went to Birmingham last summer for a mates Stag and it was some laugh. Scummy out but we didn't get into any trouble. Drink is so cheap you'd consider flying there every weekend. I hear Necastle or Liverpool are the best though.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee


    I went to a place in Belgium called Turnhout for mine. (2009)

    Flew return to Eindhoven, 15-20 mins across the border into Belgium, where it was 1.35 for a bottle of Quality Belgian beer called Jupler (IIRC).

    Some weekends craic there lads!



    Highly, highly recommend it!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget




  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub


    CJC999 wrote: »
    A few years ago i was parked up near a roundabout in my home town, a white transit came onto the roundabout and suddenly stopped. I couldnt see anything happen and it just sat there, a minute or so later it drove off and sitting in the middle of the roundabout was a bollock naked lad chained to a blacksmiths anvil. The van drove around and around the roundabout blowing the horn and i thought they'd stop and collect him again after a few laps but they suddenly drove off leaving him alone. He was there for nearly 10 minutes till the guards arrived in a paddy wagon and 3 guards bundled him into the back of it.

    Another time there was a lad, again bollock naked tied to a lamp post on the main street, he was tied with his back to the lampost with his hands behind him. he had an inflatable sheep tied around his waist covering his parts. He looked very distressed and upset.

    Sounds fairly pathethic to me. By all means drink til your arse falls off, but tying someone naked to a lamp post sounds sad and really skangery.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt


    Went on one in Warsaw,got locked drunk but got one guy even drunker (as you do).The night before we had decided to do something on the poor soul.So we headed to town that night,it was about a 5 minute walk from the city centre,had a great laugh got your man shít faced and all the rest and decided we'd tell him we'd get the train back to the hotel to which he agreed.So we all borded the train,he fell asleep straight away little knowing that the train was going to Munich.We stepped off as you do and watched him on his way to germany.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee


    pmcmahon wrote: »
    Went on one in Warsaw,got locked drunk but got one guy even drunker (as you do).The night before we had decided to do something on the poor soul.So we headed to town that night,it was about a 5 minute walk from the city centre,had a great laugh got your man shít faced and all the rest and decided we'd tell him we'd get the train back to the hotel to which he agreed.So we all borded the train,he fell asleep straight away little knowing that the train was going to Munich.We stepped off as you do and watched him on his way to germany.


    Not much of a friend are you.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt


    CJC999 wrote: »
    Not much of a friend are you.

    of course i am,i paid for his ticket.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid


    El Jefe wrote: »
    some tittaaay bars

    What goes on in tedious 80s Yank frat boy comedies, stays there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy


    El Jefe wrote: »
    Worried that I am going to end up bollox naked and tied to a lamp post though cause some of the guys are nuts

    That doesn't sound nuts, it sounds stereotypical.

    Nuts would be knocking you out and you wake up in Turkish prison.

    Congrats!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer


    I have been to stag weekends in
    Galway
    Waterford
    Wexford
    Newcastle
    Berlin

    I would have to rank Newcastle as the best stag weekend I was on (with Berlin a close second). My own stag will be on later this year so Im weighing up wheter to go to Newcastle or go somewhere new. Would love a long weekend in Ibiza but I reckon I would only get about 2 people to go there due to the cost and I wouldnt expect any of my mates to be putting themselves in debt so it could just end up being a night out in Dublin :D


Advertisement