Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclone micro 2 - Not powering 2.5" HDD

Options
  • 19-01-2012 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, bought one of these online and got it today.

One thing that never came into my head was that it mightn't power my 1tb 2.5" external HDD. The HDD was two usb's to power it, if necessary, but I've only had to use one when using my laptop. The manual with the media player is saying that I should be able to use my 2.5" with it, but might have to use a power adapter alongside. What power adaptor could I use? None came supplied with the 2.5" (and the Belkin iPod charger doesn't power the HDD :o:rolleyes:)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Edit, nvm, fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

No wait, we're not :rolleyes:

I had it working as Fat32 (800gb partition), then I extended the partition to 900gb and converted it to NTFS using Easus Partition, lobbed a few 1080p move rips onto it and tried to play them.

Now the usb is either 1) not showing up even though it's fine on the computer or 2) showing, and the first level of the directory is showing as f: (even though it's a K: partition) and under that first level there's nothing in the folder.

Does anyone know a possible solution? I want to either fix it, or get a replacement while I still can (received it today).

Regards, Lee.

Advertisement