Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Insurance grouping?

Options
  • 19-01-2012 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Anyway to find out what cars are in what insurance group?
    Is there an online list for Ireland, or is the UK one the same as ours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

We don't use insurance groups in Ireland, at least not publicly. I tend to use the UK groups for reference.

There is no standard grouping but some companies definitely have their own grouping.

I was on the phone to my insurance company a good bit before changing my car recently and got talking to the same lad a few times, he was a sound lad and was telling me the way they group cars. Its pretty straight forward similar cars are grouped together and they have certain conditions for each group. i.e. age, no claims, how long your licence is held etc.

The UK groupings are a good rule of thumb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PaddyCro

Why is there no grouping of cars in Ireland ?????
    It is widely known fact, that people of Ireland have been robbed by insurance companies on every occasion in any way . If the water is murky - more larceny can go on..... and it is a shame that useless government doesn't want to step in and bring more order to the benefit of all....Insurance companies of Ireland have already destroyed many small businesses and continue to hinder any possible future development. Because of the ongoing theft by the insurance companies , some people are seriously considering going back to donkey and cart, but until you see politician driving one - nothing will change.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Homer

^^^^^ I'm guessing you don't like insurance companies lol had a bad experience?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Harrumph!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement