Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare 1.25kg Olympic plates

Options
  • 19-01-2012 2:32am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 31


    An odd request (I suppose) ...If anyone has an odd number of 1.25kg olympic plates if they could send it my way

    I can get one posted for €9.50 off irish lifting (thats if they dont see it as a joke order)

    But I'm sure somebody on here has lost the odd one over the years and would have one spare

    Sorry for the begging

    Be great if someone could help with this, powerhouse fitness were slow enough to deliver while also leaving me about 65kg short on a 185kg order (how they can explain that I just don't know, surely they would miss 2 x 20, 1 x 15, 1 x 2.5, 3 x 1.25kg plates), thanks Joe

    (yes I can pay postage ...once it adds up to less than €9.50 I'm happy, worth a try anyway)


Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck


    ..... Take Me Out?


  • Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass


    just to explain, i'm increasing in 2.5kg increments, and because it took so long to get the weights in the first place, somebody picking up an odd plate and posting it my way would probably be here in a few days instead of the (close to) 2 months it took to get the gear I ordered

    ...and no I'm not looking for a date, the 1.25kg plate would do me


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭marathonic


    joebass wrote: »
    just to explain, i'm increasing in 2.5kg increments, and because it took so long to get the weights in the first place, somebody picking up an odd plate and posting it my way would probably be here in a few days instead of the (close to) 2 months it took to get the gear I ordered

    ...and no I'm not looking for a date, the 1.25kg plate would do me

    Why not hang something off the end of the bar until PowerHouseFitness sort your issue - maybe put a bag of sugar and a jar of coffee (in a plastice bag) or something. This should be sufficient to keep you going for the bench, squats, press and a variety of other excercises.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass


    marathonic wrote: »
    Why not hang something off the end of the bar until PowerHouseFitness sort your issue - maybe put a bag of sugar and a jar of coffee (in a plastice bag) or something. This should be sufficient to keep you going for the bench, squats, press and a variety of other excercises.

    I've standard plates, might dangle one with a bit of wire, but its worth a try asking, I've a bunch of odd standard plates from all the weights I got over the years, so I would assume there's guys out there with odd numbers of Olympic plates, and I'm sure it would get here quicker than waiting for powerhouse to figure out what they've done wrong


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Thud


    saw some guy who put pennys in a sock and taped it into a circle for micro weights, you might be able to do something similar as a temporary measure


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius


    get some of those rare earth magnets off ebay and find lumps o' metal with the increments you need and just stick them to the plates. Weight is weight!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭marathonic


    Thud wrote: »
    saw some guy who put pennys in a sock and taped it into a circle for micro weights, you might be able to do something similar as a temporary measure

    Good point. I also saw this when I was investigating micro-plates (pre-made olympic microplates are very expensive for what's in them).

    My plan is to use some fishing line and my 0.5kg standard plates instead. I'll be doing this for the overhead press where it's a lot more difficult to constantly raise the weight on the bar. Together with the 1.25kg olympic plates, these will allow me to jump in maximum increments of 1.5kg as opposed to 2.5kg.

    I haven't done this yet but I'm going to be starting in the next week or so.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass


    Thud wrote: »
    saw some guy who put pennys in a sock and taped it into a circle for micro weights, you might be able to do something similar as a temporary measure
    ...interesting, think I'll use the standard plate and string
    Dead Ed wrote: »
    get some of those rare earth magnets off ebay and find lumps o' metal with the incrememts you need and just stick them to the plates. Weight is weight!

    A whole pile of MacGyvering going on here alright


Advertisement