Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range style Cooker AND American Fridge

Options
  • 18-01-2012 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

I am looking for opinions on/and places to buy a Range style cooker and American fridge freezer.

Had a look in the forum so got some idea of potential issues of both.

Range style cooker, what is a good reasonably priced make? from another post saw something that could be an issue, ie that the oven compartment might be 50cm and smaller than other single/eye level ovens, so might be small for say a joint of meat. Is a 100cm oven a better option? All gas or gas hob and electric oven?
    If only going for a reasonably priced make, is it better to get a different style (eye level or under counter double oven)

American style fridges (double door type), seem to have a small volume on the inside, are there better options, volume and power consumption.
    Or are there some that are good (make and capacity).

AND
    If anyone has names of places to look at/buy these other than the usual, Power City/Dixons/Currys in Dublin (nearer to west dublin is preferable) but slightly outside Dublin is ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meggylee

Hi I'm also looking to buy a range cooker. From what I see so far, Harvey Norman seem to have the best value and currys after that. Do you know anything about the 'leisure' brand of cookers....lovely cream one on display in harvery norman.
    Thanks!

Advertisement