Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guidance Counsellors in Clare?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Hi would anyone know of any guidance counsellors in Clare or maybe Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Sorry, I don't know of any but the Co Clare Vocational Education Committee should be able to give you some names

Clare VEC,
    Station Road
    Ennis
    Co. Clare
    Tel : 065 6828107
    Fax : 065 6824928
    Email : headoffice@clarevec.ie

Also, The Institute of Guidance Counsellors http://www.igc.ie/

Institute of Guidance Counsellors
    The Basement
    17 Herbert St.
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    Tel: +353-1-6761975
    Fax: +353-1-6612551
    Email: office@igc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

I don't know of anyone but we found the following websites very informative
    http://www.qualifax.ie
    http://www.ucas.com

Hope they help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Herrick wrote: »

There's a John D'Arcy , not sure of his no. Lives in the "Green" near Kelly's corner. I hear he's very good. I know someone who availed of his advice

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

Herrick wrote: »

Clare Development Company that dispenses the Leader programme also has a social inclusion remit and under this should offer career guidance (I know similar companies in other counties certainly do) this would be aimed at adults rather that school going aged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Clonroad Business Park has a VEC and Adult Education centre. I was just there inquiring about mature students and am awaiting a call back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Clonroad Business Park has a VEC and Adult Education centre. I was just there inquiring about mature students and am awaiting a call back.

I hope you get the call back. I'm still waiting for one, even tho' Ive done 2 courses so far. They've got very tight this year with cutbacks etc., Just keep after them and even call in when you're passing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

poppyvally wrote: »
    I hope you get the call back. I'm still waiting for one, even tho' Ive done 2 courses so far. They've got very tight this year with cutbacks etc., Just keep after them and even call in when you're passing
    Yeah they have two people job sharing apparently. Luckily I got an appointment for next monday:)

Advertisement