Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter Shikari - A Flash Flood of Colour

Options
  • 18-01-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Surprised there hasn't been a thread about this new album before now. There are a few sites out there with the streams of the album. Legitimate ones.

I'm listening to it right now. I've never been a big fan, they've always been a take it or leave it kind of band for me. Album is pretty good though. Don't know if I will still be listening to it in a few weeks, but time will tell.

Any one else checked out? Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It's a great album. I don't know if I prefer it to common dreads yet but system meltdown, arguing with thermometers and pack of thieves are awesome songs. I'm not totally sold on some of the calm songs like constellations and search party. But you can kinda tell the album was written to be played live.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I love it so much I actually shed a tear. Cringe, yes, but considering how far these guys have come from when I first got into them before even Take to the Skies was out, to being set to go to number 1 in the UK, and how great the music is, I think I'm justified. The political sentiment is perfectly voiced and all the songs blend genres effortlessly. I'm a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    I love it so much I actually shed a tear. Cringe, yes, but considering how far these guys have come from when I first got into them before even Take to the Skies was out, to being set to go to number 1 in the UK, and how great the music is, I think I'm justified. The political sentiment is perfectly voiced and all the songs blend genres effortlessly. I'm a happy camper.

Had a feeling you would love it Joe! :pac: It is very good, I must say. Listening to it now again. All the genres do work really well. They have definitely evolved.

Common Dreads didn't really do it for me.

Had a feeling you would love it Joe! :pac: It is very good, I must say. Listening to it now again. All the genres do work really well. They have definitely evolved.

Common Dreads didn't really do it for me.

Haha I may have developed something of a rep around here :pac:
    I can see what you mean about Common Dreads, I liked it but TTTS is certainly a stronger album. They've found their feet for sure. Sadly it could be another 9 months before they're back in Ireland...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Haha I may have developed something of a rep around here :pac:
    I can see what you mean about Common Dreads, I liked it but TTTS is certainly a stronger album. They've found their feet for sure. Sadly it could be another 9 months before they're back in Ireland...!

I would definitely try and go to see them based on this album when ever they do come back. It feels like this album is a combination of the best parts from their two previous albums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

not heard this guys, but all I can think of is entering shakira and the inevitable flash flood of muck. Carry on ...

My proper cd version with the Shirt an the DVD thing came yesterday :) is anybody flying over in march?

Can't afford to fly over sadly! My CD came with a loose booklet that was signed by the guys in silver ink. I asked on Facebook whether the signatures were reprints and they replied themselves saying they were originals, and they'd spent 2 days signing the entire first batch of albums. Good old Shikari :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NonCheeseEater

Lovve Shikari! A flash flood of colour is amazing!!
    Anyone heard if they're making a return to Ireland any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

An absolutely amazing album! Didn't like Quelle Suprise at all, loved Snakepit and thought Gandhi, Mate, Gandhi was okay.

Downloaded the album and after 1 or 2 listens it's absolutely great!

Still don't like Quelle Suprise though :P

• Advertisement

I think Quelle Suprise is my favourite Enter Shikari song ever :rolleyes: I never really got Snakepit, but the remix they're playing live is awesome.

I love it though, since it's come out i'v probably spent 2 or 3 hours a day listening to it.

Advertisement