Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting a van - insurance?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

A T5 van may be on the horizon :D

If this goes through I will be aiming to do a conversion within the next couple of months as I'm keen to get it passed as a camper prior to the new regulations in April. I will be fitting certified swivels and r'n'r bed in case of future tests clamping down on this but I'd rather avoid the hassle of being caught up in the initial application of the rules.

I'm wondering about insurance during the conversion period - will I have to insure as a van for a year and then cancel this policy once I've changed the vehicle type?

Is there anyone who does insurance on a conversion where the policy then carries on as a camper with a time limit to get it actually done? I know this type of policy is available in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You can just get commercial insurance for it as a van while the conversion is ongoing.

Advertisement