Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Porting

Options
  • 18-01-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking about porting over my number from three bill pay to Meteor PAYG 30 Anytime, to give me unrestricted network minutes. I have an iphone 4S bought from apple.ie My contract with three is up on March 3rd 2012. I guess I will have to give 1 month's notice to three on Feb 2nd. My question is, does anyone have a realistic idea how long the porting process takes? Could it be days before I get reconnected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MobileMaven

Porting your number can take anything from 24 hours to 5+ days! It really depends to be honest on how attentive your Customer service representative is in my opinion! Best thing to do would be to notify three that you intend leaving (give them 30 days notice and be prepared to be enticed into another contract...) and on the last day of notice request your phone be unlocked (code required) so you can put in another carrier SIM – not really relevant if porting. (Ensure you have all your details available – IMEI number in particular)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Porting your number can take anything from 24 hours to 5+ days! It really depends to be honest on how attentive your Customer service representative is in my opinion! Best thing to do would be to notify three that you intend leaving (give them 30 days notice and be prepared to be enticed into another contract...) and on the last day of notice request your phone be unlocked (code required) so you can put in another carrier SIM – not really relevant if porting. (Ensure you have all your details available – IMEI number in particular)

tx Maven, 1-5 days seems a hell of a long time:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

I have ported multiple times, over the years, and it has never taken more than a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Fungus wrote: »
    I have ported multiple times, over the years, and it has never taken more than a few hours.
    That's good to know. Hours are fine, days are another matter. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I ported from o2 to meteor today, i rang meteor at 4:15 and by 5:25 my number was fully ported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You are best to wait till your contract is up . Then you can port away to your hearts content without recourse to Three. Your phone was bought from Apple so it is very probably unlocked anyway, so you won't have to contact Three on that matter either. All you have to do is insert the Meteor micro sim you get. Then make sure all the necessary settings for Meteor are installed and aweay you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

You believe you should always be connected, either on your 3 sim, or your meteor sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D16TURBO

jonny_b wrote: »
    I ported from o2 to meteor today, i rang meteor at 4:15 and by 5:25 my number was fully ported.

Exact same for me. Very quick

Advertisement