Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holidays/pets

Options
  • 18-01-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

We will be going on holidy for a week and apart from fencing in our children's pet ducks and hens I just wanted to know if there are any special feeders we could get to make sure they have enough food and water. We only have 3 of each and no one to ask to look after them. Any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Hooked

I was in aldi doing my weekly shop on Sunday and saw some small pet feeders on timers, with drawers that popped open at intervals. Thought to myself, who would need a thing like that... It turns out, that might be you...?

EDIT:
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys2_19369.htm

Not sure if this is of amy help as I'm unsure how the timer operates...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogluver

Hi,

If you live close I would be only too happy to go round and make sure they have food and water. I have hens myself and love them to bits! I work from home so the time is my own.:D

Where is your location?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 boo!

I'd gladly help out if I was near you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would be very concerned at the idea of leaving any animal unsupervised for a day let alone a week. What happens if one of them becomes ill or injured ?

Advertisement