Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Program advice

• 18-01-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Ive been following a weights programm for the last few months and Ive just been told that its all over the place and I need to sort it out. I got this from a trainer in the gym Im in so I assumed he knew what he was doing. My goal is to bulk up. Any advice on what I need to change on it?

Tuesday Chest and Back
    Chess Press Flat 4 x 4
    Supine Fly 4 x 4
    Chest Press Incline 4 x 4
    Press Up Swiss Ball 3 x 15
    Seated Row 3 x 15
    Bent over Row 3 x 15
    Pull Over 3 x 15
    Chin Ups 3 x 7

Thursday Shoulder and Arms
    Shoulder Press 3 x 8
    Lateral Raise 3 x 8
    Upward Row 3 x 8
    Bicep Curl 3 x 8
    Tricep Extension 3 x 8
    Hammer Curl 3 x 8
    Wrist Extension 3 x 8

Friday Legs
    Squat 3 x 15
    Lunge 45 3 x 15
    Dead Lift 3 x 15
    Calf Raises 3 x 15

Tuesday, thurday and Friday Abs
    Ab Curl 3 x 10
    Oblique Cross Over 3 x 10
    Back Extension 3 x 10
    Russian Twist 3 x 10
    Reverse Curl 3 x 10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭chadmustang

A trainer who puts wrist extensions in a program isn't very good! (I'm sure there are exceptions but for the most part :))

Far to many exercises, especially a rake load of pressing for the amount of pulling movements, stick to heavy Squatting, Pulling and Pressing.
    Try a simple 3 day, Push/Pull/Legs split with each day having a primary movement (like Standing Overhead Press/Barbell or Dumbbell rows/Squats or whatever) and then follow up other higher rep assistance lifts.
    That's just my humble opinion though... if anyone has better ideas I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭blindasfcuk

Cheers for the advice and your not the first one to say it to me about the wrist extensions so ill cut them out and concentrate on some core exercises.

Advertisement