Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten needs a home! - Leitrim

Options
  • 18-01-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello, I have a kitten here that I need to rehome asap. She is a couple of months old and we found her stuck up a tree in the local area. She is very friendly, energetic and seems in perfect health. I have wormed her and treated for fleas (not sure she had them but I gave her the treatment anyway). I already have 3 indoor adult cats and I just don't have the room for her, can anybody help? I am in Ballinamore, Leitrim. Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Make sure nobody in the vicinity owns her before rehoming her. It's a long shot as not many cats are chipped but bring her to a vet who will scan for a microchip. And at least put up some notices in your area. Lovely looking kitten, very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Op, I put an ad for a home wanted for a rescued kitten on done deal recently and got a huge response. It's only 3 euro and at least then you can talk to different people and suss out who can give it the best home. I couldn't give mine away in the end..I had gotten too attached to him so my advice is do it sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Please, please, please be very careful posting animals for free on donedeal and be very, very, sure who you're giving your animals to. I know, from personal experience, of people on that site who will offer to rehome unwanted kittens and pups but are actually using them as bait for training their fighting dogs and the poor things meet a horrible end.

She's such a pretty little thing that it's hard to think that someone somewhere isn't missing her so maybe take her to the vet, as Zapperzy says, and see if she's chipped.
    It's a shame you didn't post about her last week as I was down your neck of the woods. My sister found a male ginger kitten who'd been thrown out of a car and she couldnt keep him as she's away on business a lot so I drove down to pick him up. He's about 6 months old and has a very dodgy tummy so my guess is that he was dumped for becoming a poo machine through no fault of his own.

I'd offer to take her for you but I have four indoor cats and this new boy in isolation until he finishes meds but hopefully someone will either be missing her or be prepared to offer her a forever home.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kelly7589

Many thanks for the suggestions. I have her booked into the vets so will see if she's chipped. We checked with the houses that were near to where we found her, left a note attached to the tree where she was stuck and put a couple of notices up in the town, but that was 10 days ago and we have had no response. Everyday she's getting more and more attached to us (and vice versa!) so hopefully we will find a suitable home for her soon.

Advertisement