Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International money transfer UK to IRL

Options
  • 18-01-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I really need to get money into my BOI account back home in Ireland.

My UK bank(Barclays) can't do international tranfers with my account as it's not a current account and it'll take a week before I can meet someone to get it made into a current account.

Can anyone out there offer me some suggestions of how I can get money into my IRL account from here? I don't wish to use Western union etc as I don't have anyone back home who is available to get the money out on that end.

TIA,

Bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I have used a site called sendmoneynow which is part of travelex I think. Very easy and convenient (just pay on credit or debit card and enter IRL bank details). Took about a week I think and the rates were good too, much better than you would get in the bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Can you use currencyfair or a similar site ?, takes about 3-4 days to reach your account in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Seems like sendmoneynow are offline for the moment...

Currency fair looks interesting... I'll give it a go.

Sound!

Advertisement