Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

moving to london???? need info

• 18-01-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi im a single parent and currently studying youth and community work in college and will have graduated in 2013. i have a 5 year old son and hoping to move to london in 2014. just wondering if anyone on this has information on moving to london from ireland? how do i get started and do u no how to research schools for my son...he will be 7 wen we move.
    iv no idea how to go about geting a job, finding a good place to live and finding a good school for my son.
    im stressed about thinking about this cause i have no idea where to start???
    please help!!!!
    linda

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Pop over to the London Forum (link is in my sig) and there are lots of FAQs there about jobs, places to live and other matters.

Best of luck with the move, London is a great place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm originally from London. It depends on where you want to go.

Do you know anyone in London? That might be a starting point, moving close to someone you know for help and support.

Accommodation? Bit hit and miss, again it depends on area/affordability/education (quality of the schools)/transport links. Be aware that if you move to an area that has good schools and transport links, then it becomes much more expensive.

PM me if you need any more help or ideas. I'll be happy to help.

Advertisement