Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything i can do about this "see you en tee"?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 11:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this on Facebook yesterday and it really bothered me, someone in my town(a fine upstanding member of society :rolleyes: ) has a Rottie. He posted these statuses yesterday:

"think ill walk my dog we go murder some cows haha :)."

"awh poor max after hurtin him self ,"

Someone asked if a cow got the better of him, he replied with

"its ok he took it out on a lab ha"

Then his next status was:

"haha max jst murdered some1s lab ha"

Someone asked him about a lead and got this

"max was on a lead wen da lab went for him i let him go das wat da mut gets "

Surely someone like this shouldnt be in control of a Rottie, he obviously has it for all the wrong reasons. Is there anyone i can report this to? I dont want any harm to come to the dog obviously but this idiot shouldnt have him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Short of telling him what you think of him and blocking him on Facebook there's not much you can do. The SPCA won't take his dog off him on the basis of some, possibly untrue, Facebook statuses.

If the dog is fed, watered and sheltered there's nothing they can do unless he's in breach of the control of dogs act; but you'd still need to be able to say that you saw him walking the dog unmuzzled and/or off lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Take a screenshot of his news feed as well as his profile page (to get his contact information), print them off and make a report to the local Gardai.

Even if they can't do anything without proof, they should scare the bejaysus out of him. It's also possible that the lab's owner filed a report, but didn't know who the other dog owner was. This would let the Gardai piece it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭boodee

Is there a tool on facebook to report comments you find offensive/upsettig. Like a 'Report This' option.

Do you know this person well enough to determine if they are just messing...are they a sarcastic person in general. Am I right in saying he has allowed his rottie to attack another dog....even if the rottie didn't instigate it.

As a rottie owner I am judged by people who do not understand the breed, it's the owners that need to be judged, not the dog.:mad:

Advertisement