Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re: Lebanese restaurant in Limerick

Options
  • 17-01-2012 10:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Just wondering

Went to go there the 2nd of Jan round 6 thinking we would get a table handy enough and it was shut up,had looked earler that day and thought it may have just been closed for lunch cause town was dead being a public holiday

Walked past yesterday and it looked shut up,no menus or signs saying opening time setc outside

Have rang twice daytime and got no answer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

there were a few in there on Sunday evening anyhow....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Maybe they just dont open for lunch anymore,thanks!!

A sign with opening hours would help out potenial customers alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Was talking to one of the guys involved last week and he was on about their Valentine's Day menu, so I doubt it.

Maybe Jan 2 was a day off after Christmas & New Year ? It was a Bank Holiday after all.

Maybe but a notice is a very simple thing to do,all the other restaurants seemed to be busy ending up going to the Texas steakout last min as we just wanted to eat and that was a safe option

I was going to go to the Lebanese New year eves i rang that morning asking were they open for dinner,a very confused sounding guy on the phone said yes we are what time i said 5 or 6,no problem
    I then asked were they booked out for a new years party oh was like yes but no he didnt seem to know himself what bookings they had

Poor impression so far and havent eaten there and im dying to try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Was busy there on Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mejana

Hi all, Just to apologise for any mishaps you had with our restaurant. We are closed every Monday for the month of January and as we had finished our Christmas Menu on the 1st January, the new menus were not put up until the 3rd.

We are open from 11.30 am and do a lunch and early bird menu each day. We also have a full a la carte menu available at all times.

Hope you have the opportunity to try our food.

Regards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod note: I've edited the thread title to lessen the potential negative impact that the original may have caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ninthtym

Your food is delicious. So nice to have something a little bit different in Limerick. I hope everyone comes and experiences it.

No problem but it was a geniune query when people read they will see that

@Mejana
    Thanks for the reply,you must have be alerted to my post?

Few things for ya,put a sign on your door,have your phone divert to a mobile when away maybe.Use twitter and Facebook to update doesnt have to be daily even weekly

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely get more organised for people calling when we are closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

I must call in to try your restauant, I ate in Lebanese one on Temple Bar/Parliment Street in Dublin a couple of years ago and had a tasting menu. The food was lovely, I think the restaurant was called Cedar but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I must call in to try your restauant, I ate in Lebanese one on Temple Bar/Parliment Street in Dublin a couple of years ago and had a tasting menu. The food was lovely, I think the restaurant was called Cedar but I'm not sure.

Wouldn't that be mildly ironic because Cedar house on Broad Street in Limerick(takeaway) is also owned by this restaurant.

I think what you say regarding a tasting menu is a good idea. I will look in to it and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I've passed there a few times and have always been curious about the food but I am afraid to go in and take the risk.

If you had a buffet night once a week/month whereby people could call in and taste some of the dishes buffet style for a reasonable charge it would certainly open up future interest.

Echoing what another poster mentioned, a Facebook page would be a huge benefit to promote the place. A few other places in town does it and it is a great way of letting people know what is on, menu change, opening hours, special offers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

They have a website here as well for anyone that's interested in the menu. Although I don't know what half the stuff is, it sounds nice.

http://www.mejana.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I've been there too, it's the Cedar Tree. The food is gorgeous there!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

Good to hear this place has great reviews,
    because I'm looking forward to my Valentines din dins.
    Its was a choice between that and the Savoy.
    We've only been living here a year, and its hard to get out anywhere with the 2 kids.
    I miss the restaurants in Cork, Cant beat a great Thai!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Got a living social deal for this place the other day. Im dying to go! I'll post here when I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Got a living social deal for this place the other day. Im dying to go! I'll post here when I do!

Ahh I never saw that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Seen an ad on the post last week, loads of offers, incl taster menus and buffet lunch. Looks like they followed a few of the ideas suggested here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I finally got going last night..

Well... It was only amazing! :D

Our GrabOne deal covered Starter, Main, Tea and Coffee, we paid for a half jug of wine for me and two 7ups, date juice and some alcoholic sambuca for the OH, an extra starter of Hummus, and dessert each. We paid in total €44 for that, and the voucher covered the rest, although we did skip out on the tea and coffee because we didn't want to miss our bus home!

Our extra starter of Hummus has effectively ruined any shop bought hummus for me. It was so lovely, packed full of flavour and it had minced lamb with it! I had Futer Muklee, (which is fried mushrooms with lamb), OH had Ferri(Quail with garlic). We had never had quail before, so that was new, you also get bread pockets on your table with the starter, so we mixed and matched with everything.

Main courses, I had the Djej Ouzi (chicken with rice, nuts and fruit), I loved how the sauce got served in a little jug so you could add to your taste, as I don't like a lot of sauce with my meat. I couldn't finish it, but it was lovely.

OH got the Mixed Grill.. Seriously, there are no words. Perfectly cooked meat, served in something akin to a wrap, lots of little sauces and condiments to add onto it, and some rice. I tasted it and it was beautiful. If you're a bit wary or not very adventurous this would definitely be ideal because while it is exotic, it's not too spicy or anything, and the meat is so juicy, tender and well cooked!

For dessert, I had Awam and Ice Cream, the ice cream was beautiful, and the dough balls were lovely, not too sweet, and not greasy. OH had Baklawa, which was also very nice.

When we were leaving, we booked another table for the 30th, my boyfriend's birthday meal is in the Jasmine the week before, but after last night he said he would've loved to have changed it if his friends weren't so picky. So I am taking him the week after his birthday as a post-birthday treat. We are going to get one of the set menus, starts from €25 per person, includes starter, main course, dessert, and tea or coffee, and you get a selection of things to share, to introduce you to Lebanese cuisine. Can't wait!

Footnote: have ye checked out the website or their Facebook lately, they have offers on every night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

must get in here sharpish! Been hearing good things about it offline as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Futer Muklee? Sounds like Feekee McGee's lebanese cousin :D

Advertisement