Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B of I Credit Card - Short Settlement ?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

HI All.

Has anyone agreed a short settlement with B of I. Hear they wont settle for less than 85% of what's owed.

Did anyone achieve a better result and if so how ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ron J wrote: »
    HI All.

Has anyone agreed a short settlement with B of I. Hear they wont settle for less than 85% of what's owed.

Did anyone achieve a better result and if so how ??

Really depends on the situation. If you are in employment and budget is ok and just seeking a smaller amount to clear the card then a no go really.

If you are seeking a write off of part of the debt due to bad financial position you would really need to put forward your offer with evidence as to why this is the best you can do and even at that it may be refused. Very often short settlements are refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ron J

Thanks Chris85.

Have a very reduced income situation. Owe 9.5k. Have submitted budget sheet last month. Have being paying reduced payments for about 18 months. Have access to 6k from family member and they have rejected it to close account indicating an offer circa 85% is required (8144 ish).

Can't aspire to this right now so just wondering if anyone was able to achieve a settlement of less that 85% with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Hi Ron, My wife had a BOI loan and she was able to get away with a 75% settlement but they had started legal proceedings and all at that stage so we guess thats why they accepted the 75%. If you go to mabs they might be able to contact the bank for you and push them for the settlement of 6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ron J

Many thanks Gareth. Will keep at them for a while to see what they will suggest. Will look into the mabs angle too. Good idea.

Advertisement