Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend in carrick on shannon

Options
  • 17-01-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭

Heading down to carrick on Shannon in a few weeks for the weekend with a few mates,are there any good pubs/nightclubs people could recommend?
    We'll be down there the weekend of the man u/Liverpool game,looking for somewhere decent to watch that game in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Dunnes Bar in the centre of town is good for watching matches. It's also good for a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hire a boat and head for a cruise on one of the days

Great thing to do in Carrick

Doesn't answer your question but it's an obvious thing to do. Gang of ye and stock up on the cans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ooter

Thanks lads,we have a boat trip organised for one of the days allright..

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Murtaghs is another and no too far from dunnes

Oarsman is great for food and i used to partake of a pint in Flynns

Gings just the other side of the bridge was a favourite of mine - had a pool table Mind you ten years since i was in there at least so not sure what its like now Living in the big smoke now hence the prolonged absence!

Everything is located in what i would call a U starting at the Landmark and up round as far as Murtaghs

At the weekend usually a good buzz as its very popular for hens and stags!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Deffo recommend Dunnes, Oarsman, Flynn's and Murtaghs for pubs Cyan's also a great little trad bar.

For food - Vittos - Italian, Oarsman pubgrub (food in restaurant is good too but have to book well in advance), Phoenix Court - Chinese, Victoria Hall fusion/thai Hymalayan - Indian and Flynn's do great chips/burgers after niteclub Oh and check out Crumbs for sambos/snacks potato slices on the side are to die for!!

Clubs- I personally like Murtaghs at the end of Main St nice age group and free in basement live music and up stairs club Landmark have a club called club 360 and there is Havana but it is a bit young.
    Hope that helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement