Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some people!!!

Options
  • 17-01-2012 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Out and about in the camper recently. Cycling through the car park area of one of the local beauty spots we are greeted with this ...

Litter2.jpg

Litter1.jpg

So much for this simple request!

Litter5.jpg

But obviously this simple request was a bridge too far for the morons responsible for this! They clearly just decided that this was a perfectly acceptable spot to empty the contents of their car*. What complete tossers! Seriously, 500 hours of community service wouldn't be enough for them.

So my eldest says... "Daddy we can do our litter picking here." So after we got back to the camper we drove back and did just that. Donned the gloves and in a couple of minutes...

Litter3.jpg

Litter4.jpg

On arriving home the contents of the bag found a new temporary dwelling in the bottom of our bin. We also decided to make a litter picker a permanent addition to our camper.

(*Disclaimer* - Almost certainly car and not a camper as I've never seen another camper there. So the assumption is based on the application of amateur probability :D Only posting here as we were out and about in the camper and to encourage my camper colleagues to do the same.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Congrats and well done

Amazing what people will do when it comes to dumping rubish :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alexfernie

Know that spot well and go there often. Great views - even on a bad day! Hate to see that, well done for cleaning it up - sadly, many would've ignored it. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Kudos for that.

You would wonder alright what people think of the environment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

That is probably the best camper an story/ good deed I have heard.

Well done to that man.

I wonder is there any point advising the coco litter warden.

I lifted two black. Afs of rubbish from my estate last weekend. People are filthy animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Well done indeed!

Some people will never change.

I've seen signs somewhere that say "Take nothing away and Leave nothing behind".

If only people would think first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

I always thought the:

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

was a nice way of putting it.

How about laminating one of the photos from above and putting a note under it stating "Dont Do It Again"

Attach it to a pole in the carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

Malta1 wrote: »
    How about laminating one of the photos from above and putting a note under it stating "Dont Do It Again"

Attach it to a pole in the carpark

Good idea but knowing my luck the litter warden would be there that day and fine me :)

WildWater wrote: »
    Good idea but knowing my luck the litter warden would be there that day and fine me :)

Irony in motion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Some people just have no shame do they? Sheesh..

Good work Wildwater.

• Advertisement
Advertisement