Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW TO SET UP WINDOES MEDIEA CENTRE SHARING EXTENDER ON WINDOWS 7

Options
  • 17-01-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

So after a very hard week of pulling my hair out and deleteing, reinstalling, shuting down & system restoreing i finally figured it out so heres what i done hopefully it will help

You have probably set up your windows media centre and went to your laptop and it says entre your 8 digit code and it starts to scan and then says you need an extender your fire wall or router may be in the way etc. . .

It could be 1 or 3 things

It could be your router
    Your anti virus
    Or your windows mediea centre is out of date so why not try update your windows mediea cente.

(I done it the hard way by deleting my windows media centre and in a panic tried downloading it again which you can not do. So if you can not update it . Delete it and system restore your computer this will update or back-date like ive done) . .

if you have a strong anti virus i would suggest disableing it before you restore your computer (i have kasparsky) this may stop you from reinstalling your windows media centre and it will save you an hour

: update your mindows mediea centre
    : if it doesnt work delete it and reinstall it (by system restore)
    : disable your anti virus (you can re-able it once you have your extender)
    : system restore to an earlier date
    : if none of these work i would suggest upgradeing your router

I had upc broadband and i had the 25mb router i upgraded to the 50mb router and first time i connected i had no problem it connected to the windows media centre

Thanks for reading hopefully this helps i no how stress-ful it can be so please post and ask questions if ive missed something

I would suggest if you have a modern tv that has a vga and audio-in
    components simple connect your laptop to your tv it saves alot of time and is more effecient for streaming etc. . .

Advertisement