Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your collection - how is it displayed?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 2:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever bought a speciality glass display case to show off some of their finer peices.

After getting MP-10 as a present for Christmas, I now have enough cool pieces to warrant something like this...

http://www.designex-cabinets.co.uk/cabinets-products/retail-cabinets/

I'm tired of of the transformers getting dusty on a regular shelf. I'd like to get something similar to the above for the home office and fill it with Transformers, M.A.S.K vehicles, TMNT and whatever else took my interest when growing up.

So how do you display your figures, and if you have a display case, where did you buy it. Ikea have some very reasonable products but wanted other ideas too!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Ive no suggestions myself, but was kind of thinking about a case for the Masterpieces at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Ive no suggestions myself, but was kind of thinking about a case for the Masterpieces at least.

Yep, I saw Ikea have some decent glass cases which can be fitted with lights for 50 euro...

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/10011055/

and for 150 euro, argos have this case, including lights...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6134183/Trail/searchtext%3EDISPLAY+CABINET.htm

I think the Ikea cabinets are ideal, especially if you are displaying in robot mode.

Probably redundant commentary but due to price and modularity, the Detolf seems the best option. Esp when there's probably a relative lack of options in this country.

Downside: Wading through Ikea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Probably redundant commentary but due to price and modularity, the Detolf seems the best option. Esp when there's probably a relative lack of options in this country.

Downside: Wading through Ikea.

I have no interest in Games Workshop stores (makers of the Warhammer tabletop figures) but I was passing one in Dublin and their display cabinets are the biz.

At the risk of sounding horribly cynical, with businesses winding down, it MAY be a way to get display cabinets on the cheap if you know where to look.

Like i said, horribly cynical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement