Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a nightclub for music Video scene

Options
  • 17-01-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hey,

I am hoping to shoot a music video in the town - instead of going to Dublin or somewhere far away, to keep it in the local area.

I know there is blazers - Which I am not going to use (long story) but I am looking for another nightclub in Longford for a handful of shots that are required.

Is there anywhere else other than PV's?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Spiral tree is kinda designed to look like a nightclub. Has all the flashy lights and mirrors on the wall. It even has an illuminated floor.

P.s Can I be in the video ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

what's the back of eamonn's like these days? haven't been there in years, but he used to let his son gordon take care of the decorating and he came up with some mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

If you want proper nightclub scenes and atmosphere in the video, then the Spiral Tree and Eamon's probably won't be suitable as they've no proper open spaces.

The nightclub in PV's is closed, but I'd imagine everything is still there so you could enquire about hiring it if having a crowd isn't part of the plan!

Other than that, you'd have to go to somewhere like Athlone, Mullingar or Carrick-on-Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

somuj wrote: »
    Spiral tree is kinda designed to look like a nightclub. Has all the flashy lights and mirrors on the wall. It even has an illuminated floor.

P.s Can I be in the video ? ?

thanks and sure. I will post on here when i am looking for helpers and extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

If you want proper nightclub scenes and atmosphere in the video, then the Spiral Tree and Eamon's probably won't be suitable as they've no proper open spaces.

The nightclub in PV's is closed, but I'd imagine everything is still there so you could enquire about hiring it if having a crowd isn't part of the plan!

Other than that, you'd have to go to somewhere like Athlone, Mullingar or Carrick-on-Shannon.

IS the spiral tree on the main street?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

IPR_Iain wrote: »
    IS the spiral tree on the main street?

Yes, it's above Valentine's pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

+1 for Spiral Tree, but if you're looking for an authentic nightclub scene then it's worth the short trip down to Club 360 in Carrick on Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

You could try Danny Byrnes in Mullingar. They have a nightclub upstairs that used to be open a few years ago. I think there's been a few teen discos in there, could be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GtotheD

I'd definitely head down to Club 360 in Carrick, far better than what you'd find in Longford for a nightclub scene.

Advertisement