Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is a realistic time to receive an unlocking code?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

I figured it to be about 5 days. I actually thought you can buy these off the internet but apparently my provider (that initially said 5 days) has to ask the phone manufacturer for it and it's gonna take up to 10 days?

WTF?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

How long is a piece of string:D. I'v had unlock requests ranging from 2 hours to two weeks. Meteor were the 2 hours , but the phone would'nt accept the code:mad: O2 were the longest. Three take about 3 days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I ordered one from unlock.ie and it took 4 days to be delivered. That was because they had to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How long is a piece of string:D. I'v had unlock requests ranging from 2 hours to two weeks. Meteor were the 2 hours , but the phone would'nt accept the code:mad: O2 were the longest. Three take about 3 days max.

3 DO NOT take 3 days max, I am already waiting 9 working days :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I waited 3 and a half weeks for a code from HTC via O2 :mad:

What is the procedure, I thought one can just get these off the internet, why does a mobile phone company have to go to a manufacturer to get this? :confused::confused: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ranges from 48hrs to 21 days depending, nokia, apple and sony are usually the quickest, htc and blackberry the longest

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

krudler wrote: »
    ranges from 48hrs to 21 days depending, nokia, apple and sony are usually the quickest, htc and blackberry the longest

on three with a Sony, was told 21 working days..doesn't add up..thought this are delivered around the time the phones are delivered to the network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Been waiting 16 working days for a nokia code from Vodafone. :o

10 days from "3" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

vicwatson wrote: »
    Received text from three..unlock code ready, but alas the wrong unlock code as the phone Haag been swapped out earlier..another up to 21 days..:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

12 days and counting waiting on an unlock code from Meteor as they have to get it from the manufacurer it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

What is the procedure, I thought one can just get these off the internet, why does a mobile phone company have to go to a manufacturer to get this? :confused::confused: :mad:

Generally what network carriers do is, they put a query into the manufacturers unlock database which creates the unlock code for your phone. Depending on the model of the phone this can take longer.

For some easy phones like earlier nokia models there were websites that could just calculate the unlock code from the IMEI and country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

After having to request an unlock code three times from eMobile I'm still waiting - nearly three months later !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Those are shocking waiting times...

There should be no need to be waiting that long....

I've always used fastgsm.....Never waiting more than 30 minutes...

Granted,,it's not free,but well worth the few minutes wait.. Never a problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Which type of phone?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Which type of phone?

Samsung Galaxy S, why you ask?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Samsung Galaxy S, why you ask?

Just wondering, if it was an iPhone it can take up to 10 days, but I got it in less than a week with Three.

Advertisement