Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And another one is gone...

Options
  • 17-01-2012 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭

http://thecorknews.ie/articles/end-era-3692
    MP O'Sullivan's Academy Street tobacconist closed its doors last week after 107 years in business. Keith Watterson meets the grandson of its founder to talk nostalgia, namesakes and new beginnings...
    Among the more notable features of the RTÉ half-centenary documentaries airing currently are the plumes of tobacco smoke hanging over the heads of Late Late Show audiences and panelists, from the days when smoking was socially accepted.
    Those days are long gone, and in Cork, coincidentally, so is one of the last tobacconists in Munster, which closed its doors at Academy Street for the final time last week, bringing to an end 107 years of the O’Sullivan family’s involvement in the tobacco business...
    <SNIP>
    See link for full article.

Another landmark gone from the street. Is there anywhere left in Cork now to get a reasonable choice of pipes and pipe tobacco?

I really should set up a postal service around the country from supplies from Patersons, Foxs and the Decent.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

That was the only pipe shop of note in Cork that I knew of. There might be an obscure shop somewhere in the city that has a few pipes but nowhere with a good selection.

Advertisement