Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had a tooth pulled... when i was 21 and to my surprise i got a new tooth!

Options
  • 17-01-2012 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Had the tooth pulled at age 21 and a few weeks later i got a bran new tooth in its place... it was a back tooth. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Oh i also forgot to mention it was my first over tooth to have pulled and the dentist told me that i had four teeth less than normal and asked if i ever had one pulled! But i hadn't!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Its most likely your wisdom tooth coming up. Did the dentist take an X-ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Its most likely your wisdom tooth coming up. Did the dentist take an X-ray?

Hey, I wanted to say that:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It could be that the tooth you had pulled was in fact a baby tooth & that the tooth below had nver come up...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

No wasn't a baby tooth! And don't think it was a wisdom tooth.... she said i was missing 4 teeth but there was no space for them. So I'm thinking that the tooth that came up was one of them four... I've also still to get wisdom teeth... so what I'm thinking is that I've a wisdom tooth behind that tooth and a new tooth and a wisdom behind all my other three very back tooth...
    she said that i had the weirdest teeth she'd ever seen... so everyone else has three big back molars I've only two! And I've always had problems with my jaw locking... oh and this is the really weird part! the back tooth that i had pulled and the other three matching teeth.... only came up when i was sixteen that's when the jaw problems started! and no never had an x-ray as i was pregnant when the tooth was being pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

You cannot tell if you have wisdom teeth without an X-ray. At your age it would be common for them to be buried. lets hope the wisdom tooth come up into a nice position to replace the missing tooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

I don't have any room for anymore teeth... that's what I'm saying, when she pulled that back tooth another one came in its place!
    I'm now nearly 26... i have only two molars at the back so I've only 28 teeth and absolutely no room for anymore!
    i just found this on the internet... How many teeth does a normal adult have? In: Dental Health [Edit categories] Answer: Answer Well there is about 32 teeth in a normal persons mouth..... Answer The normal adult dentition is 32 teeth, including the third molars (wisdom teeth). Some people do not develop third molars, so normal dentition for them would be 28 teeth. That's me! But when i had one of them removed i got a replacement with in weeks! but the tooth is way shorter than all my other back teeth are....
    i only had 26 teeth ( one back molar ) until i was sixteen and then i got four more, so now i have two back molars... and no room for anymore.... that is until i get a back one pulled and I'll get another one!!!! Hope i explained it ok

Advertisement