Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job less money can my loans be restructured

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was recently made redundant where I was on 35k a year. All the jobs I have applied for since are considerably less. I cannot find any job for same wage or a bit less.

My query, if I was to be offered a job for 20k can I get my loans restructured on my new salary as I cannot afford the current repayments. At the min I'm on SW so my mortg is interest only and my loans are frozen for three months. So am I better off not working? If I do get a job on a alot less if a wage I will be crippled financially !!!

Advice needed badly please thank u

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Best bet is to talk to your bank directly but in general,with circumstances changing such as they have with yourself then the banks will allow the loans to be restructured to a more manageable level.Good luck with it.

Advertisement