Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med1 for 2010 on ROS?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I didn't have all my medical receipts to hand when I did my 2010 tax return so I sent it in and paid the full tax on time, but now I want to claim my 2010 medical expenses. I have only just been sent to ROS from payeanytime so am a bit lost.

Can anyone tell me how to do the 2010 med1 in ROS?

also, can I submit my 2011 one before my tax return or do I have to do the return first?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

esseff wrote: »
    I didn't have all my medical receipts to hand when I did my 2010 tax return so I sent it in and paid the full tax on time, but now I want to claim my 2010 medical expenses. I have only just been sent to ROS from payeanytime so am a bit lost.

Can anyone tell me how to do the 2010 med1 in ROS?

also, can I submit my 2011 one before my tax return or do I have to do the return first?

Many thanks
    I'm assuming your self assessed if the Anytime site is throwing you out and into ROS. If your obliged to file a return each year, you'd need to wait until filing your return to claim for 2011.

As regards the 2010 claim, you'd need to enter the full amount you wish to claim, I.e. the total of the amount claimed previously, and the remaining unclaimed amount together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 esseff

Thanks,

Sorry should have said, I'm mostly PAYE but have small rental income so have to do self assessment return too. I basically have view only access on payeanytime.

I didn't claim any medical expenses at all last year as I wanted to do it all together. I just can't figure out what to click in ROS to do it- there's no "credits" tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

esseff wrote: »
    Thanks,

Sorry should have said, I'm mostly PAYE but have small rental income so have to do self assessment return too. I basically have view only access on payeanytime.

I didn't claim any medical expenses at all last year as I wanted to do it all together. I just can't figure out what to click in ROS to do it- there's no "credits" tab.

Unless you are actually registered for ROS rather than PAYE Anytime, you will not be able to claim the expenses online.

If you are registered, then you can file an amended 2010 return online to include the health expenses.
    If you are not registered, then fill in a paper med 1 form and send it to the self assessed section of your local office with a letter asking for it to be included in the 2010 return.

Advertisement