Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need my website built... HELP!

Options
  • 16-01-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi guys, so I am starting a new online business and need advice on setting up a website. The website will be selling various products (approx 15-20) and will need to be updated daily.
    I will need to accept credit card payments and accept contact forms and surveys.
    Anyone got any ideas on where to start/what I need and a rough price? Thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

At first glance you'd probably be looking at €1,500 - €2,000

Maybe knock a few hundred off that if you already have a logo and colour scheme in mind.

That said, it might depend on how complex the options for each product are (sizes/colours) and whether those impact on the pricing, and also whether the system needs to remember past orders or track the fulfilment.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Cool thanks, and would I be able to maintain/upload info to the site easily enough after the initial set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

dave98 wrote: »
    Cool thanks, and would I be able to maintain/upload info to the site easily enough after the initial set up?

Depends on the platform they use, but loosely speaking it should be easy for you to operate at launch !
    I recently quoted 2-3k for something similar, however i did not hear anything back but i stick by my quote for the requirements involved !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

dave98 wrote: »

If the developer knows their stuff that should be no bother.

If you suss out the options (and any pricing implications) available for each product and the shipping options and have a clear spec you'll get a tighter quote - as Placebo's quote range hinted at, the extra "devil in the detail" stuff can cost a bit for sites that can 'seem' the same, but if you know exactly what you need when approaching a designer/developer it'll smooth the process and also mean that both you and the developer know what you're getting for your money.

Examples might include whether VAT is a configurable option (overseas sales and/or VAT changes), multi-item shipping, one pic per product or multiple pics, whether the options for each product affect the price, and whether different products have significantly different options.

Best of luck with the new business!

Advertisement