Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwed on eBay

Options
  • 16-01-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey hope some one can help me,

I bought a jumper on eBay and a few days after I bought it I got an email off eBay saying the item has been removed. Now I can't open a dispute or anything because I don't know the item name or the seller. I paid for it about a month and still haven't received it.

Help would be greatly accepted!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

How did you pay? Look through your browsing history and find the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭logie110

hefferboi wrote: »
    How did you pay? Look through your browsing history and find the page.
    Check your purchase hisory on your summary page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

When you say it was removed do you mean the seller ended the listing or eBay removed the listing?

If eBay removed the listing, contact eBay and PayPal and see if they can help. Hopefully they can.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Chase the payment on Paypal if that's what you used. You can find the seller from the email you will have gotten from eBay when you purchased it.

If eBay remove an auction then it's usually because the seller is up to no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

yes its paypal you need to check rather then ebay you can start a dispute from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Its been happening a lot on ebay recently, happened to my wife twice in December. Paypal will refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanemib

Contacted Paypal and made a dispute and he came up with a proof of sending it even though i know well they didnt send it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

Contacted Paypal and made a dispute and he came up with a proof of sending it even though i know well they didnt send it.

Was it a tracking number used for proof of sending? If so, check the tracking number and inform Paypal that it's not your signature on the on proof of delivery. I had a similiar case before were the seller supplied a false tracking from another item they sent to someone else and I pointed that out to Paypal and won the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sparxz

shanemib wrote: »
    Hey hope some one can help me,

I bought a jumper on eBay and a few days after I bought it I got an email off eBay saying the item has been removed. Now I can't open a dispute or anything because I don't know the item name or the seller. I paid for it about a month and still haven't received it.

Help would be greatly accepted!

Same thing happened me.
    What appeared to be a good deal I bought through, EBay and
    my PayPal account.
    The only other reason I went ahead was the seller had sold some
    already, and said they were selling at a low cost to get a new
    seller account successful transaction figures off the ground.

Withing 24 hours eBay sent be a message marked important
    saying that the sellers item had been pulled due to suspicion of fraud.

eBay's email has not made it particularly easy to file a complaint,
    as the item never ships and is never received.

eBay it seems helps the rogue seller vanish without a trace,
    even though they have their details to follow up(more than I have!).

So Far after filing the complaint eBay & PayPal have not been in
    contact.

In future I will only buy from sellers who have MUCH better successful selling record, showing a bit more legitimacy.

I am surprised and annoyed at eBay/PayPal exposing customers
    like this, when they are in a position to test the bonafides of sellers
    with more access to their sign-up details globally.

I will follow this thread, to see how others get on, and post any updates,
    from my end if they are significant to others.

Advertisement