Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major help needed from all you creative people!

Options
  • 16-01-2012 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Right, I am 17, going to Africa in July, with a friend of mine, to Zimbabwe, to work on the Conservation Project for Lions and Elephants, and also work with local orphans as part of the project also.
    The cost for the two of us to go is roughly 5,000, so we're looking for ideas for fundraising.
    We've come up with a few, like a girls VS boys day in school, with a like, cook off, penalty shoot out, general knowledge quiz, things like that, get the teachers involved too, and even have a non-uniform day that day also! And, then have a poker night in our local GAA, and a sponsored wax, with the lads form the GAA. Anything to raise as much as we can.
    I was wondering what other ideas you wonderful people may have in terms of fundraising events we could hold!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Promise to hold an auction with ivory and lion skin rugs when you return- you should have no trouble raising the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You should ask Degsy to pay.. I'm sure he'd be glad to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Sell your bodies. Or a kidney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You think the whole school should throw a party to raise funds so you can go on a safari with your mate. My suggestion is you get a job, absolutely anything. Borrow the rest and make sure you pay it back when your excursion is over. I very much doubt you're going to be doing that much for conservation. You're 17 and you're paying to go. Sounds like a really cool holiday and I'd love to have done something like that, but be a bit more realistic with your approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Battle to the death in a thunderdome

Also sell hats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Err yeah organising a charity event to pay for your holiday.

Boardies I am looking to raise 2 grand to go to the canaries in june, it will be an educational trip when I will be studying the effects of binge drinking and casual sex over a 2 week period using myself as the subject.

I will also ask for a job in the orphanage, while drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

44leto wrote: »
    Err yeah organising a charity event to pay for your holiday.

Boardies I am looking to raise 2 grand to go to the canaries in june, it will be an educational trip when I will be studying the effects of binge drinking and casual sex over a 2 week period using myself as the subject.

I will also ask for a job in the orphanage, while drunk.

How brave and noble of you sir.

I shall give you 4 guineas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

You've got 24 weeks ......... surely you could raise that by doing something productive like the old bob-a job? And people would give you decent tips as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Right, I am 17, going to Africa in July, with a friend of mine, to Zimbabwe, to work on the Conservation Project for Lions and Elephants, and also work with local orphans as part of the project also.
    The cost for the two of us to go is roughly 5,000, so we're looking for ideas for fundraising.
    We've come up with a few, like a girls VS boys day in school, with a like, cook off, penalty shoot out, general knowledge quiz, things like that, get the teachers involved too, and even have a non-uniform day that day also! And, then have a poker night in our local GAA, and a sponsored wax, with the lads form the GAA. Anything to raise as much as we can.
    I was wondering what other ideas you wonderful people may have in terms of fundraising events we could hold!

Nice holiday ;) This thread might get quite mean towards you so be prepared!

Bloody hell, I wish I had been able to convince a few gobshytes to pay for me to go on safari when I was 17.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

2 simple words.

Cheerleader carwash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Leave school and get yourselves on to the dole asap. You should easily make it between the two of you. :)
    Fair play for helping the orphan elephants and everything OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'm sure the Conservation Project could use the €10000 better than getting two 17 year old's, there for a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 george tobin

whats a like? like......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just put €15 away each week the both of you. If I were asked to give money for two guys to go to Africa I'd just take the day off school lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Sick children vrs Lions in a battle royale. I'ld buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I need 5k also if anyone wants to spot me.

OP now you are 17 and I am sure not up to scratch on current affairs, so take it from me you don't want to go to Zimbabwe, go to Sun City in South Africa there are plenty of worthy orphanages there who will benefit from the broad experiences and skills of 2 17 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Why not send €10,000 over there to the people who are actually capable of helping? Two 17 year old guys going on a two week holiday for a "Conservation Project for Lions and Elephants" isn't a worthy cause. Notwithstanding the fact you won't be of much help, there are worthier causes. That €10,000 could improve a whole lot of people's lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Why not send €10,000 over there to the people who are actually capable of helping? Two 17 year old guys going on a two week holiday for a "Conservation Project for Lions and Elephants" isn't a worthy cause. Notwithstanding the fact you won't be of much help, there are worthier causes. That €10,000 could improve a whole lot of people's lives.

They don't have the same stringant health and safety laws over there. It's highly possible that these two lads will be used as part of the scaffolding for the two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

School girl calendar of the sixth year girls?

I'm sure someone from the photography forum would help out for nothing.

The conservation of the lions and the nellies aaahhhh, how about the conservation of the basic Zimbabweans.

Is this OP for real???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Having obtained your contact from the internet that you have been doing
    all what is necessary to deserve trust, coupled with my deep interest to
    invest in your country, I decided to contact and solicit your mutual
    assistance at all cost.

I am Mr. Gilbert Smith, Branch Manager, Westpac Banking Corporation
    London.

On January 6th 2000, one Mr. Claude Brian Best, an American National,a
    consultant/contractor with Gardiner & Theobald,a leading firm of project
    and cost management consultants, made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit,
    valued at £9,500,000.00(Nine Million,Five Hundred Thousand Pounds) for
    twelve calender months in my Bank Branch.

Upon Maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address
    but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we
    discovered from his contract employers (Gardiner & Theobald) that Mr.
    Claude Brian Best died from an automobile accident. On further
    investion, it was discovered that he died without making a WILL and all
    attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.

On further investigations, it was discovered that Late Mr. Claude Brian
    Best did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official
    documents, including his Bank Deposit paper work here at the Bank.

The total sum, £9,500,000.00 is still in my bank and the interest is
    being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one
    will ever come forward to claim it.

In accordance with the Federal banking Laws and constitution, at the
    expiration of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the ownership of
    the Government if nobody applies as the next of Kin to claim the funds.

Consequently, I shall present you as a foreign partner to stand in as
    the next of kin to late Mr. Claude Brian Best so that you and I can
    benefit from the fruits of this old man's labour.

Upon acceptance of this proposal, I shall send to you the Westpac
    Banking Corporation "Next of Kin Payment Application Form" as well as
    detailed information on how this deal would be transacted.

We shall employ the services of a solicitor for the drafting of the LAST
    WILL & TESTAMENT of Late Mr. Claude Brian Best and to obtain all other
    relevant papers in your name for the necessary documentations for
    payment approval in my bank headquarters in your favour.

The money will be shared in the ratio:

Sixty percent for me, thirty five percent for you and five percent for
    any arising contigencies during the course of this transaction.

I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that
    will protect you from any breach of the law as I will use my position as
    the Bank's Branch Manager to secure approvals and guarantee the
    successful execution of this transaction.

Please be informed that your utmost confidentiality is required. If this
    interests you, please reply me immediately via the private email address
    below and please include your private telephone number for voice contact
    and fax number so I can provide you with more details and relevant
    documents that will help you understand the transaction.

Email:gil22@zahadum.com

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Mr. Gilbert Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Having obtained your contact from the internet that you have been doing
    all what is necessary to deserve trust, coupled with my deep interest to
    invest in your country, I decided to contact and solicit your mutual
    assistance at all cost.

Please be informed that your utmost confidentiality is required. If this
    interests you, please reply me immediately via the private email address
    below and please include your private telephone number for voice contact
    and fax number so I can provide you with more details and relevant
    documents that will help you understand the transaction.

Email:gil22@zahadum.com

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Mr. Gilbert Smith

Seems legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Looking for people to fund a holiday for you and your schoolmates?
    Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Ask that nice Mr Mugabe. I'm sure he's got a quid or two spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Wig + Suspenders + Dock Workers = Trip to Zimbabwe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Costum wearing day, pajama day or a day where all the clothes your wearing have to be green or blue. Karoke night, quiz night. Talent night. a comedy night. Have a bring and buy sale. Have a tea, muffins and cakes sale for each break. A theme day where everyone wears old school or 80s clothes or some other theme. Have a 'culture day' where there is food samples from all the cultures in your school and everyone can vote which food is the best. You could have a play aswell where money can be raised for people to go and see it, there might be alot of work involved in that though. I can't think of anything more right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I think the word you're looking for there is "exploit."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

I really hope most of the money goes towards the orphans, they are the ones who really need it. Nature can heal animals as it runs it's course

Advertisement