Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provident

Options
  • 16-01-2012 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Has anyone any experience with money lenders Provident?

A friend has got into a financial mess and Provident are offering to lend money -no questions asked. The fact that they don't accept proof of address (ie utility bill) and actually want to visit his house is ringing alarm bells.

Can anyone give any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Ive had loans from them in the past.. they have always seemed very kosher and above board.. one thing i have to warn you though is that there intrest rates are very high.. however it is handy enough if you are in a jam & need money quick.. they come to your house to collect the money every week which is handier i think than paying from your bank.. all in all i had a good expierence with them!

edit: on the proof of address thing when i got my 1st loan from them i did have to provide a utility bill & passport copy too! so i dont know if its changed since then but they where very strict on that with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Thread moved form Donegal forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Money lender, high interest rates. Seek help of MABS if in difficulty and try work with lenders to repay the debts.

Moneylenders wont be discussed here. Against the forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads about money lenders are not allowed in this forum.

Closed until the forum mods can review.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement