Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new forum

Options
  • 16-01-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

So... this is an experiment really. We have a lot of triathletes in A/R/T (and a smaller number of people who take part in adventure races or duathlons) and a lot of related discussion. This forum should bring a lot of that discussion together, and stop it getting lost in the mix of other threads. The idea for now is that threads will be moved from the Events forum and main forum into here, and the Gear and Training Logs fora will be left as they are. Maybe at the end of the year we'll decide that it isn't really working, and everything should be moved back, or that we really need a full forum, rather than a subforum, to cover everything. There's only one way to find out.

shotgunmcos has very kindly (and foolishly :D ) agreed to mod this forum. He's already doing a lot of work in the forum with the SBR challenge, and he knows his stuff, so we're lucky to have him. Any questions about the organisation of this subforum can be put to him - he can create stickies, merge threads, and do all the usual mod stuff in here. The forum charter still applies in here, and all the forum mods will still be around to help out, but we'll try to keep a low profile and let shotgunmcos run his own show...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 door handles

Great idea i think,a lot of events were getting lost in the main forum and with the growing interest in these disiplines it should prove popular,keep up the good work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Those pesky runners should have been pushed into a subforum and left the main forum for everyone else. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭griffin100

So... this is an experiment really. We have a lot of triathletes in A/R/T (and a smaller number of people who take part in adventure races or duathlons) and a lot of related discussion. This forum should bring a lot of that discussion together, and stop it getting lost in the mix of other threads. The idea for now is that threads will be moved from the Events forum and main forum into here, and the Gear and Training Logs fora will be left as they are. Maybe at the end of the year we'll decide that it isn't really working, and everything should be moved back, or that we really need a full forum, rather than a subforum, to cover everything. There's only one way to find out.

Not needed really and I'm pretty sure that most posters where against it when it was last floated. Talk of discussion getting 'lost' is rubbish, its takes days for a thread to leave the first page. Forum is now really cluttered with this subforum now a mishmash of events and general threads.

edit: still want to wish MCOS all the best in his new role!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Congrats Mike. Go easy on us now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

This should be good- the stench of deep heat and all that talk of miles (wtf are they?) in the running forum was getting a bit much.

Personally I think the gear subforum could be shunted back into the main forum?

All hail our new mod!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Woot! Coke and hookers for the new Mod!

Best of luck, couldn't have chosen a better man for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

griffin100 wrote: »
    Not needed really and I'm pretty sure that most posters where against it when it was last floated. Talk of discussion getting 'lost' is rubbish, its takes days for a thread to leave the first page. Forum is now really cluttered with this subforum now a mishmash of events and general threads.

edit: still want to wish MCOS all the best in his new role!!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Not a fan of a load of sub fora. Would prefer one running and triathlon forum but lets see how it goes.

All hail the new Mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Zuppy wrote: »
    but lets see how it goes.
    !

Thats the plan :)

Not harshing the mellow or anything but is there a timeframe on this trial?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah, the 7 sub forums now are a bit much like. I wouldn't be without that secret one we have to bitch about every one else though. :)

Over the next few months I'm sure it will be clear whether this could survive as a Forum on it own or needs to be assimilated back to A/R/T main. It will be one or the other. I see your point on a load of sub fora and I agree.

Yeah, the 7 sub forums now are a bit much like. I wouldn't be without that secret one we have to bitch about every one else though. :)

Meet ya there for a bitchin' session.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I don't think I can see this forum in the sub forum table on my android phone!!!????!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

baza1976 wrote: »
    I don't think I can see this forum in the sub forum table on my android phone!!!????!:confused:

yes, robinph reported the same thing, I've asked for help

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Should be fixed by the end of the week...

RayCun wrote: »
    Should be fixed by the end of the week...

Thanks. I sent an email to admin too about the shortcut links back to main forum and from the head menu to this subforum and that seem to be in order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Not sure if this has been said already but i feel this Triathlon/Duathlon/Adventure Racing thread should be the main one and the Running should be a sub form :P

Advertisement