Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victoria II

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:28am
    Site Banned Posts: 44

Well I must say this has to be one of my favorite grand strategy games, I used to be a HOI 3 fan and I still am but it just proved largly to easy, victoria to me seems much more chalanging and rewarding. For instance I took the weak Russian Empire and changing it to the world greatest superpower in twenty years, although I have started some sort of odd world war one and its only 1858 XD. France, spain, ottomans and the British attacking me but oddly enough I am holding my own largely but I shall probably lose my colony in Venezuela which is a shame.

So what are peoples thoughts on the game and any stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheSheepz

Brilliant game, my favourite paradox grand strategy by far. My greatest achievement would be removing the end date, then conquering the entire middle east and persia as Abu Dhabi by 1970 or thereabouts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well I must say this has to be one of my favorite grand strategy games, I used to be a HOI 3 fan and I still am but it just proved largly to easy, victoria to me seems much more chalanging and rewarding. For instance I took the weak Russian Empire and changing it to the world greatest superpower in twenty years, although I have started some sort of odd world war one and its only 1858 XD. France, spain, ottomans and the British attacking me but oddly enough I am holding my own largely but I shall probably lose my colony in Venezuela which is a shame.

Is this the latest game in the series?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Never played it at all. Sounds interesting! You have my attention now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Will probably pick this up, but wil probably wait for a Steam sale / midweek madness discount. These titles eat up so much time and I won't be able to give it the attention it craves...

Is there the ability to impoirt EUIII saves as a satrting point? The origianl Victoria allowed your end game save form EU II to be imported as your satrt point (though that may have been a 3rd party mod rather than an official feature. )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Polar101

I liked the original Victoria, even if it had too much silly micromanagement with infrastructure and factories. But at least there was something to do - Victoria 2 seemed to be mostly staring at the screen, and clicking on not-very-interesting political events. I really like Paradox games but this one was a complete miss for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Niska wrote: »
    Is there the ability to impoirt EUIII saves as a satrting point? The origianl Victoria allowed your end game save form EU II to be imported as your satrt point (though that may have been a 3rd party mod rather than an official feature. )

there are mods for that, when CK II comes out you should be able to take your realm from 1066 to 1950s.

Its great to turn a capitalist country into a communist haven, or a fascist state, tonnes of micro-management. I dont really like the historical period, i prefer CK or EU III

Crimean War

€6.79 on Steam for 24 hrs today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Polar101

Tried another game in this, this time as Belgium. I've almost completed the campaign but can't say my country made much of an impact - problem seemed to be too few workers at factories.

Has anyone tried the new patch (also known as the House Divided expansion)?

Advertisement