Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long term bet - GAA

Options
  • 16-01-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all, looking to do a few long term bets for the year in GAA i.e. League champions, provincial champions.

Ive been looking at a few bets just looking for opinions. I have 100 so gonna do 3 x 33.33 bets. Looking to do long shots - 5/1 or better

Heres my picks: All prices with Boyles
    Mayo NFL Div 1 - 7/1
    Donegal NFL Div 1 - 10/1
    Derry NFL Div 2 - 5/1
    Tipperary NFL Div 3 - 7/1
    Cavan NFL Div 3 - 11/1
    Carlow NFL Div 4 - 11/1

What do yee think of them choices and anyone any other tips/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

gaatipstr wrote: »
    Hi all, looking to do a few long term bets for the year in GAA i.e. League champions, provincial champions.

Ive been looking at a few bets just looking for opinions. I have 100 so gonna do 3 x 33.33 bets. Looking to do long shots - 5/1 or better

Heres my picks: All prices with Boyles
    Mayo NFL Div 1 - 7/1
    Donegal NFL Div 1 - 10/1
    Derry NFL Div 2 - 5/1
    Tipperary NFL Div 3 - 7/1
    Cavan NFL Div 3 - 11/1
    Carlow NFL Div 4 - 11/1

What do yee think of them choices and anyone any other tips/suggestions?

use a different bookies if you place any of these bets ;)

Mayo at 9/1 on will hill are well fit to make the final.a lot of quality young lads that have gained a good bit of experience over the last few years should help them improve on last year.

boyles best price for donegal but i just cant see them winning it this year.

derry are 6/1 in a few bookies.lots of experienced players but not sure if they'll be fit to win it out.

dont know enough about tipp but to me that doesnt seem like a bad price.

cavan at 14/1 in a lot of bookies is a good price.andrews has made it very clear that league is all hes focused on this year.possibly a good chance to lay it off nearer the end of the league.

Carlow at 14/1 on PP.carlow are improving alot but it seems to be going very much unnoticed.id see this as the same as cavan,doubt they'll win it but good chance to layy for profit near the end of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

also,just after hearing,its looking likely murphy will be out for the majority of the league campaign.i think they might find it tough to stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

I really like Carlow bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

Think im gonna go with

Carlow 11/1 - £33.33 Potential Returns - £399.96
    Cavan 11/1 - £33.33 Potential Returns - £399.96
    Mayo 7/1 - £33.33 - Potential returns - £266.64

Im hoping that maybe one or two get a good run and maybe lay them on Betfair to guarantee a profit of some kind. What do yee think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Think im gonna go with

Im hoping that maybe one or two get a good run and maybe lay them on Betfair to guarantee a profit of some kind. What do yee think?

Get the 9/1 on Mayo. The 14/1 available on Cavan and the 14/1 available on Carlow.

You're talking about laying on betfair but are taking some of the worst odds available.

It's like saying you are going to try lose weight but also going to start eating chocolate éclairs every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

Think im gonna go with

Mayo now 10/1 from 7/1 - £33.33 at 10/1 = 366.63
    Carlow now 12/1 from 11/1 - £33.33 at 12/1 = 433.29
    Cavan remain at 11/1 - £33.33 at 11/1 = 339.96

Have a sneaky feeling about mayo and cavan, sort of hoping for a bit of luck with carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Im bit biased but Mayo is a good price @ 10/1. History in the league is in their favour as for some reason over the last 6-8 years, its every 2nd year they perform well in the league, just about staying in Div 1 last year. Also Conor Mort looks like hes in came back into the side with a more wise head and has been clinical in the FBD league.

Hel be hungry to get his place back in the full forward line as there is some decent competition for places now from the likes of Varley, Doherty, O'Connor, Freeman, Kirby (scored 4 goals recently) and another returning player in Michael Conroy (in the AI intermediate final with club Davitts).

But yeah, Horan will want to try to keep the momentum going from last year and the squad is capable with no real absentees bar Ger Cafferkey and Trever Mortimor who are travelling. A thing thats not in Mayo favour is that most of the league games are away. But they have gotton some great results in the past in the likes of Omagh and Tralee.

Advertisement