Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mobile, anything good to say?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 6:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey I'm just wondering does anyone on here have a good word to say about e-mobile as I've heard nothing good! Yet I'm really wanting to get an iPhone and they have the best deals by far?
    Also, Coverage in the Leinster area? Is it good? Where are the blackspots?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Only person I know who has one finds it great. She's from Waterford but worked alot between here and wicklow and a bit of dublin with it and she never mentioned any problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Good prices, in fact great prices if you call landlines a lot as they do not count towards your minutes, customer service was simply diabolic before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I signed up with them around september or october and have to say the coverage is great around dublin city centre.
    I use it for spotify on the bus home and the 3g is perfect.
    On the downside, their customer service is terrible.
    I am waiting since I signed up to get some details of my contract confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ryathoe

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Good prices, in fact great prices if you call landlines a lot as they do not count towards your minutes, customer service was simply diabolic before christmas.
    I couldn't agree more! The customer service is truly appalling - I'm stuck with them for another 9 months but will be leaving the minute the contract is up and don't care if I have to pay more with someone else.

The new customer service in Cork is extremely polite and personable but nobody seems to have trained them or shown them how to do anything. They should send about 10 Meteor managers permanently down to Cork for 2 months from Dublin to sort things out properly and then they would be much better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have an iPhone 4s with them coming from a three iPhone 4.

Only difference is that when you switch from 3g to edge the iPhone 4s is still useable, not the case with three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

sarah. wrote: »
    Hey I'm just wondering does anyone on here have a good word to say about e-mobile as I've heard nothing good! Yet I'm really wanting to get an iPhone and they have the best deals by far?
    Also, Coverage in the Leinster area? Is it good? Where are the blackspots?

Thanks

Hi Sarah
    I can confirm that coverage is good in this area, in fact we have 99% coverage nationwide. This map shows our national coverage and if you should have any other questions just le me know.
    Hope this helps
    Tony

ryathoe wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more! The customer service is truly appalling - I'm stuck with them for another 9 months but will be leaving the minute the contract is up and don't care if I have to pay more with someone else.

Hi ryathoe
    Sorry that you should have had bad experience with customer service. We have recently opened a new customer care centre which we hope will add to and improve existing service levels.
    If your issue was not answered maybe I can help?? If you PM me your tel no and details I can investigate for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

I've had the prepay for over a year now and find it great - 200 mins and texts for 10€ (no internet).

Rang customer service a few times in the beginning and found them very helpful. Can't speak for the billpay side of it but I'm happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Oh right, thanks guys, it's nice to hear some good things about them! Hoping that the coverage is good where I live now, I may check it out :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tombonker

I signed up in December and have found them truly awful.
    I got new phones for my wife and I as we were getting pestered by our old provider, the guys in the shop were great but once we got home the problems started.
    Coverage is abismal, we can't ring each other with any degree of certainty and calls constantly drop.
    I got a text from my employer as random letters and numbers, my co worker standing two foot away got the same text perfectly, we work in the city centre.
    The customer service is another nightmare, I have never dealt with worse, every time I call I get different answers to questions from previous calls.
    All day today I've spent trying to cancel the contract due to the poor service but can't even get the speak to someone who can help it's just put on hold for ten minutes and the get disconnected.
    I had dealings with NTL before but these guy take the biscut

The new customer service in Cork is extremely polite and personable but nobody seems to have trained them or shown them how to do anything. They should send about 10 Meteor managers permanently down to Cork for 2 months from Dublin to sort things out properly and then they would be much better.

I see nobody in Meteor HQ is taking responsibility for the crap customer service, I posted that 12 days ago.

tombonker wrote: »
    I signed up in December and have found them truly awful.
    I got new phones for my wife and I as we were getting pestered by our old provider, the guys in the shop were great but once we got home the problems started.
    Coverage is abismal, we can't ring each other with any degree of certainty and calls constantly drop.
    I got a text from my employer as random letters and numbers, my co worker standing two foot away got the same text perfectly, we work in the city centre.
    The customer service is another nightmare, I have never dealt with worse, every time I call I get different answers to questions from previous calls.
    All day today I've spent trying to cancel the contract due to the poor service but can't even get the speak to someone who can help it's just put on hold for ten minutes and the get disconnected.
    I had dealings with NTL before but these guy take the biscut

Hi tombonker
    I am really sorry to hear that you have not been able to get your issues addressed. If you PM me the two telephone numbers, which store you purchased phones from and 3 examples of tel numbers to demonstrate the issue I will investigate this for you.
    Tony

I see nobody in Meteor HQ is taking responsibility for the crap customer service, I posted that 12 days ago.

Hi Sponge Bob
    as this thread deals eMobile I am not sure that the Meteor team would have seen your post. I have however passed your suggestion on to our new centre. They have advised me that training and development programes are still ongoing there to provide a better and faster service.
    Tony

I understand what happened in November/December Tony but if this CS issue is not sorted by March it will permanently undermine the branding exercise....which in itself was one of the more impressive branding exercises of recent years.

I had hoped it was sorted by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I am on billpay select 200. I only contacted the customer service once for setup and they were OK - left a VM and agent rang me back. I am in the midlands and coverage is fine. Two of the best features IMO are free calls to landlines and free voicemail. I like also the ability to check how many texts/mins I have left either online or via text. Hopefully with the new customer care centre in Cork that area will improve. It would be a pity if they didn't sort that out - such an obvious department in any business - as they will lose customers. And the way I look at it, the more successful eMobile are the better deals for customers existing/new.

paultf wrote: »
    I am on billpay select 200. I only contacted the customer service once for setup and they were OK - left a VM and agent rang me back. I am in the midlands and coverage is fine. Two of the best features IMO are free calls to landlines and free voicemail. I like also the ability to check how many texts/mins I have left either online or via text. Hopefully with the new customer care centre in Cork that area will improve. It would be a pity if they didn't sort that out - such an obvious department in any business - as they will lose customers. And the way I look at it, the more successful eMobile are the better deals for customers existing/new.

Yes that makes complete Sponge Bob / paultf.
    I can say that I have noticed over the past month more positive feedback. Training is always an ongoing process and I hope reflected in our service for the future. Thanks for your posts on this.
    Tony

I would also put an online kiosk in every shop to train customers on the web interface and I would strongly encourage shop staff to engage with customers at quiet times and help them use it/train them in the shop. It sends out the right message if people are passing :)

Most people I recommended a look at eMobile to are:

1. On their first smart phone.
    2. Ring landlines a lot and during the day.

The other selling point well worth a mention is a decent data allowance for mid range packages in the €30-50 a month range that will not leave the unwary with bill shock as happens elsewhere. Paying those prices will get one a very usable 1-2Gb a month included.

Other networks can really gouge their customers over data but eMobile is decent about data and allow tethering usage within the allowance.

Advertisement