Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions on DD add

Options
  • 16-01-2012 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi. I was just browsing the campers on done deal and came across this - http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/2892294

Just two questions. Where is the engine? - being a bus conversion the sngine should usually be at the back??

And also, can it really be driven on a car license?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Treason wrote: »
    Hi. I was just browsing the campers on done deal and came across this - http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/2892294

Just two questions. Where is the engine? - being a bus conversion the sngine should usually be at the back??
    Could be under the drivers seat
    And also, can it really be driven on a car license?
    No not a chance you would beed at least a class C

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

The engine is mid mounted (in the middle) if you look at the third picture you will see 3 hatches on the floor, the engine is under those.

I don't think you can drive it on a car licence either. The maximum anyone can drive on a car licence is a vehicle of 7,500 kg depending when you passed your driving test, as far as I know the maximum is 3,500 kg if you passed your test after 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Over 18 thousand views of their add that has to be a record

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Des32 wrote: »
    ................ as far as I know the maximum is 3,500 kg if you passed your test after 1997.

A very common misconception.

1997 is when the UK changed, unfortunately our politicians were, for once, early out of the blocks and we changed in 1989 (13th of November, 1989 to be exact).

BTW, while there is loads of info on the 'net about the UK changeover it's virtually impossible for find reference to our changeover.

See HERE for the full Act.

Advertisement