Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Network

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Is there any way to find out what network an iphone was first registered on with the IMEI. It was unlocked but managed to get locked again and needs a Sim from the first network to activate it again. If anyone has any idea it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Then it wasn't officially unlocked, it was using ultrasn0w(a software unlock available for certain basebands), I'd suggest using redsn0w to jailbreak which will automatically hacktivate the the phone without a sim card.
    When it's activated if you go into settings-about it should tell you the carrier there, it will not tell you the country though, so if it says O2, that could be uk, northern Ireland, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Then it wasn't officially unlocked, it was using ultrasn0w, I'd suggest using redsn0w to jailbreak which will automatically hacktivate the the phone without a sim card

Most likely though you will be unable to unlock now so unless you know what the original provider is and switch to them your still stuck. The phone will be activated but locked to original provider who you still won't know. If its an Irish iPhone just get a sim of each provider. If its an old iPhone start with Vodafone then o2 as they had them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

I know its not vodafone as I am vodafone and it didnt work, so I will try O2 and 3 sim cards in it, I dont think it is possible to jailbreak it yet as when i turn it on it says connect to itunes and itunes says put in a sim to activate it. I dont think I can go any further without the correct sim in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

corridon69 wrote: »
    I dont think it is possible to jailbreak it yet as when i turn it on it says connect to itunes and itunes says put in a sim to activate it. I dont think I can go any further without the correct sim in it.

You can Definitely jailbreak it now.
    Use redsn0w and it will hacktivate it for you.

Is this a 3GS or 4?
    If its 3GS you have the option of updating the baseband to 06.15.00 which you can then unlock with ultrasn0w, updating to 06.15.00 has its downsides though.
    The phone can no longer be restored in iTunes using stock firmwares and the gps may stop working but it's an option if all else fails.

Advertisement