Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bear den webcam

Options
  • 15-01-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place i couldnt find where to put it

http://www.ustream.tv/jewelblackbear

the link to to a den where they think the bear is in labour, facinating to watch
    every now and then you can hear what sounds like wolves ?its a bit early to be coyotes i think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭santasbird

I've been following it for the last couple of hours. Not much happening apart from her being a little restless and changing position every half hour or so. She's also been yawning. Trying to get a dinner in between, afraid I'll miss something.:)

Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

yr welcome, apparently she is fairly close but who knows, mother nature will decide lol
    glad you are enjoying it

She looks just as I left her last night. Talk about watching paint dry. Surely something has to happen today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I'm not convinced that bear is in labour at all :D I've been checking in now and again, called the kids to watch yesterday at one point when she seemed to be getting restless but alas there she is this morning still sleeping sound, not a cub in sight.

Think she's in hibernation myself :). Have the sound turned up so if I hear anything I'm back to check in on her. I think her breathing has gotten louder since yesterday. Hope it happens today, its been going on a long time.

All I keep hearing from the kids is "Mam, you're not still watching that".

• Advertisement

First cub born 7.24am US time. Might be cub no. 2 on the way they think.:D

2nd cub born 8.40am approx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Missed the first one but I was there for the second :) The cubs sound just like my first born :P ( My second was way louder:pac:)

There is a possible 3rd cub. They are awaiting confirmation.

Cant believe how much they sound like human babies.

Smodgley. You have a lot to answer for. Have just spent a week watching Jewel. I thought when the cubs were born that would be it for me. Now I'll have to watch them grow.:D Has been absolutely amazing to watch.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

santasbird wrote: »
    Smodgley. You have a lot to answer for. Have just spent a week watching Jewel. I thought when the cubs were born that would be it for me. Now I'll have to watch them grow.:D Has been absolutely amazing to watch.:)

lol im glad you enjoyed it, ive been glued myself, mother nature at its very best, and yes that was the easy bit, now we watch them grow

Advertisement