Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glue for an oven?

Options
  • 15-01-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

I have a Neff oven and the shelves keep collapsing. The right hand side rack for the shelves is attached to the oven wall by a washer sort of piece of round metal, which is presumably supposed to be stuck to a small hole in the oven wall. The small washer piece of metal has come away so the shelves collapse regularly.

I am not sure if you're supposed to glue the washer back in or what. I tried glue once and it lasted about six months or so. Is it supposed to be glued or attached some other way, and if it supposed to be glued what glue should I use?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Could you use a short self tapping screw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Ever single nut and bolt is available for these so just buy the replacement part here:

http://www.neff-eshop.com/eshop/neff/ie/sparepartsearch1.htm

This is Neff themselves. Just stick in your model number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Thanks for that. Its called a bushing, €16.63 to replace. It's just difficult to see what's wrong with the current one, apart from the fact that it falls out and has no visible means of staying in. The other bushings don't seem particularly solidly retained, but they are staying in. So I don't want to get another one and still have the same problem. Are they glued in or does anyone know if they are supposed to snap in somehow?

Advertisement