Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

anyone in/been to christchurch info needed please !!!

• 15-01-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

my story is iam a 23 year old offaly lad soon to be unemployed soon :( .so have decieded to go to christchurch i wil be lookin for labouring work..just want to no is it as expensivet as say oz.? and could anyway recomand a decent hostel wher i would meet a few people and have a bita fun as i wil travelin alone and basicaly any other informationye could offer me thanks :-D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I'm sure Crumble Foo will be along soon with detailed Christchurch info, I've only travelled through it never really lived there.

Expensive in what way? Most prices here are on par with Ozzie except dairy and clothes are more expensive i guess. But its not too bad, eg a pint of Guinness will be around $9 which is similar to the price in Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

$9 ouch, it's $7.50 here...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Actually now that i think of it its $9.50 in Mollies!

I love a few Thursday pints of Guinness watching whatever live music is on but 5-7 pints of black then a taxi home doesnt leave much change from $100 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,659 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I was in NZ in November: was surprised at how much prices have risen. Having been in RoI for almost 5 years, I've become immune to how ridiculous prices here are - and after accounting for the exchange rate - some of NZs were the same. :mad:

Re hostels ... arr, check www.hostelworld.com, but I think that most of them were in buildings in the city centre that you might get work demolishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Have replpied in ohter thread on here bout Chch, sorry dont have much time online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement