Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA in Celbridge

Options
  • 15-01-2012 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Alri looking to start MMA and wondering whats the closest club
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

I'd say Lucan MMA is the closest to you from Celbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JRB

I'd say Lucan MMA is the closest to you from Celbridge.

Was looking at them just thought there would be something a bit closer

Maynooth Shootfighters?

Maynooth Shootfighters?

do you have a link

No sorry, can't find it. I'll try find out where they are for you.

• Advertisement

No sorry, can't find it. I'll try find out where they are for you.

ye that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

As far as I know there part of Lucan now, so try Lucan out.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »

Was just lookin at the Lucan one there and showin my dad and it turns out he knows one of the trainers haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

Lucan mma is your best bet,the next closest would be husaria in clane !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Lucan mma is your best bet,the next closest would be husaria in clane !!!

Clane is closer than Lucan but you can get a bus to Lucan if you don't have a car.

Maynooth shootfighters became Leixlip shootfighters which are now a part of Lucan MMA. Ramanus trains out there anyhow.

Also, not sure about Lucan but we're getting a cage installed this week in Husaria plus we have a cage wall that was installed just after Christmas!

• Advertisement

Clane is closer than Lucan but you can get a bus to Lucan if you don't have a car.
    lucan is 12 mins from celbridge according to aa route planner,clane is 21 mins...also being a celbridge native i can tell u lucann mma is bout 8mins from celbridge (depending on whos driving)....just sayn

"Clane is closer than Lucan but you can get a bus to Lucan if you don't have a car."

lucan is 12 mins from celbridge according to aa route planner,clane is 21 mins...also being a celbridge native i can tell u lucann mma is bout 8mins from celbridge (depending on whos driving)....just sayn[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Yeah the bus thing is handy but just note that its a bit of a walk from the bus stop on the 67 route to their location in Lucan.

Personally I cant see how Lucan is closer, I live in Clane and I go from Clondalkin via Lucan, through Celbridge (some days) and onto Clane and I really cant see how its further! Possibly depends on what part of Celbridge you live!

Anyhow, its up to the OP, never trained in Lucan although I did train with Ramanus and he is a great guy and a great instructor. Mariusz in Husaria is brilliant as are the lads there so its up to you where you go, you have some good choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Lucan is a good gym. Husaria is an equally good gym. Not sure about distance. Solution. Try a session in each and see which you prefer and which is easier for you to get to :D

Advertisement