Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned house in Dublin 15: Need info!

Options
  • 15-01-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys,
    My 13 year old brother was out exploring yesterday in a field near the old St Mochta's schoolhouse, and his friends and he found an abandoned farmhouse, filled with medical supplies, expensive furniture, books on botany and local history, leather bound notebooks and a study filled with plants in jars.

The House was not in good condition, and they accidentally took a chunk out of the wall. The roof is bulging down and the place is an obvious hazard. He is going back however and he is going to take pictures.

The only info he found was the name 'Lynam 1972' inscribed somewhere in the house. Can anyone let me know who the residents were, what the house was/is and ANY history about it? I know it is quite near to St. Mochtas school and the Itinerant camp. Please help me out.
    Thanks, Dylan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DyylaanL wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    My 13 year old brother was out exploring yesterday in a field near the old St Mochta's schoolhouse, and his friends and he found an abandoned farmhouse, filled with medical supplies, expensive furniture, books on botany and local history, leather bound notebooks and a study filled with plants in jars.

The House was not in good condition, and they accidentally took a chunk out of the wall. The roof is bulging down and the place is an obvious hazard. He is going back however and he is going to take pictures.

The only info he found was the name 'Lynam 1972' inscribed somewhere in the house. Can anyone let me know who the residents were, what the house was/is and ANY history about it? I know it is quite near to St. Mochtas school and the Itinerant camp. Please help me out.
    Thanks, Dylan.

You might get better information in the Dublin 15 forum. I live in the area, and Lynam would be quite a common family name in the area's history.

PS - I would try and stop your 13 year old brother going back if it is an obvious hazard and falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DyylaanL

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    You might get better information in the Dublin 15 forum. I live in the area, and Lynam would be quite a common family name in the area's history.

PS - I would try and stop your 13 year old brother going back if it is an obvious hazard and falling apart.

Thank you, and I have already had words with him about it.

Advertisement