Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom Teeth removal

Options
  • 15-01-2012 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

A few months ago I was with my Dentist and she advised me I need my bottom 2 wisdom teeth removed. Unfortunately I no longer have health insurance (couldnt afford it) so I asked her to refer me to the Dental Hospital as I'll have to go public. There is an 18 month waiting list for there. She advised my only other option would be to go privately to place in Blackrock but this would cost approx €900.

Has anyone had there wisdom teeth removed recently and been in same situation? Or can anyone recommend anywhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

you're not tied to the surgeon in the blackrock clinic, that may just be the one that your dentist usually refers to, or has a good rapport with.

google some oral surgeons, call them, and ask for a ball park figure on how much it may cost (ask for the worst case scenario too). the blackrock clinic will be taking most of that figure for the use of their facilities i'd imagine.

Advertisement